- Volume 16 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Development of Real-time Feedback Vibration Control System Using Wireless Sensor Networks
무선 센서 네트워크를 이용한 실시간 Feedback 진동제어 시스템 개발
- Received : 2011.01.19
- Accepted : 2012.04.30
- Published : 2012.05.30
This paper aims to constitute a feedback vibration control system using wireless sensor networks and experiment it on a model structure to verify its effectiveness. For the purpose, we set up a feedback vibration control system composed of a wireless input/output(I/O) sensor node based on bluetooth, a home-made shear type MR damper, a shaker which generates a constant size of sine wave, and a simple beam model structure. The vibration control experiment was performed by shaking the 1/4 point of beam with a shaker. At the moment of shaking, we controled the vibration with MR damper which was placed vertically on the center of beam. Simultaneously, by acquiring acceleration response at the 2/4 point of beam, we evaluated the effectiveness of control capability. The control command was set to send a voltage signal to MR damper when the acceleration response, acquired from the wireless I/O sensor node placed at the center of beam, was more than a certain amount. Although the realtime feedback vibration control system constituted in this paper is effective only within a limited command system, it has been proven that the system was able to effectively decrease the vibration of structure by generating a control command aimed for realtime purpose. The system also showed a possibility to be used as a structural response control system adapting a variety of semi-active control algorithm.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 김경목, 강철신, 오병주, 이영훈, "교량 모니터링을 위한 예약 기반 무선 센서 네트워크에 관한 연구", 한국정보기술학회논문지, vol. 7, No. 6, 2009. 12, pp.121-127.
- 조수진, 윤정방, 정형조, "스마트 무선 센서를 이용한 사장교 구조 건전성 모니터링 시스템", 구조물진단학회지, vol. 15, No. 2, 2011.3, pp.12-22.
- 허광희, 이우상, 김만구, "스마트 센서 기술을 이용한 구조물 건전도 모니터링 시스템 Part I: 스마트 센서의 개발과 성능평가", 구조물진단학회지, vol. 11, No. 2, 2007. 3, pp.134-144.
- 허광희, 이우상, 이진옥, 전준용, 손동진, "교량 모니터링을 위한 스마트 무선 계측 시스템 개발", 구조물진단학회지, vol. 15, No. 2, 2011.3, pp.171-178.
- Kurata, N., Spencer Jr., B. F., Ruiz-Sandoval, M., Miamoto, Y. and Sako, Y., "A Study on Building Risk Monitoring Using Wireless Sensor Network MICA-Mote", First International Conference on Structural Health Monitoring and Intelligent Infrastructure, Tokyo, Japan, November 13-15, vol. 1, 2003, pp.353-357.
- Lynch, J. P., Partridge, A., Law, K. H., Kenny, T. W., Kiremidjian, A. S. and Carryer, E., "Design of a Piezoresistive MEMS-Based Accelerometer for Integration with a Wireless Sensing Unit for Structural Monitoring", Journal of Aerospace Engineering, ASCE, vol. 16, No. 3, 2003, pp.108-114. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0893-1321(2003)16:3(108)
- Lynch, J. P., Wang, Y., Swartz, R. A., Lu, K. C. and Loh, C. H., "Implementation of a Closed-Loop Structural Control System using Wireless Sensor Networks", Structural Control and Health Monitoring, 2008, 15:518-539. https://doi.org/10.1002/stc.214
- Shinozuka, M., Feng, M. Q., Chou, P., Chen, Y. and Park, C., "MEMS-Based Wireless Real-Time Health Monitoring of Bridge", The 3rd International Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Nanhing, China, 2003.
- Straser, E. G. and Kiremidjian, A. S., "A Modular Visual Approach to Damage Monitoring for Civil Structures", Proceedings of SPIE, Smart Structures and Materials, 1996, 2719:112-122.
- Wang, Y., Swartz, R. A., Lynch, J. P., Law, K. H., Lu, K. C. and Loh, C. H., "Decentralized Civil Structural Control using Real-Time Wireless Sensing and Embedded Computing", Smart Structures and Systems, vol. 3, No. 3, 2007, pp.321-340. https://doi.org/10.12989/sss.2007.3.3.321