- Volume 28 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
RAPD Polymorphism of Xanthoceras sorbifolium Bunge from Three Plantations of China
중국 3곳 문관나무 재배집단의 RAPD 다형성
An, Chanhoon;Lee, Hyunseok;Yin, Zhiyang;Yi, Jae-Seon
- Received : 2012.11.08
- Accepted : 2012.11.17
- Published : 2012.11.30
The variation in random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD) markers were examined for Xanthoceras sorbifolium Bunge seeds from three plantations (Inner Mongolia [IM], Liaoning [LN], and Shandong [SD] province) in China. Mean genetic variation was measured by polymorphism percentage (42.10%) and expected heterozygosity (He=1.27). Among three populations, Shandong showed the highest values both in polymorphism percentage and heterozygosity (p=57.89; Ho=1.58; and He=1.37). Total genetic diversity value, based on the total loci, was estimated as total genetic diversity of the species (Ht)=0.27 and mean within-population genetic diversity (Hs)=0.16. UPGMA cluster analysis showed the genetic closeness between Inner Mongolia and Liaoning population, but that Shandong seems to be the separate population.
Xanthoceras sorbifolium;RAPD marker;genetic variation;population;polymorphism
- Bae SK, Jung EA, Kwon ST. 2010. Genetic variation and identification of RAPD markers from some garlic cultivars in Korea and Mongolia. Journal of Plant Resource 23: 458-464.
- Ding MX, Ao Y. 2008. Research progress on the flowering and fruit set of Xanthoceras sorbifolia Bunge. Chinese Agricultural Science Bulletin 10: 084.
- Guan L, Yang T, Li N, Li B, Lu H. 2010. Identification of superior clones by RAPD technology in Xanthoceras sorbifolia Bge. Forestry Studies in China 12: 37-40. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11632-010-0003-8
- Hamrick JL, Godt MJW, Sherman-Broyles SL. 1992. Factors influencing levels of genetic diversity in woody plant species. New Forests 6: 95-124. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00120641
- Kim IS, Hyun JO. 2000. Genetic diversity of Abies koreana Wilson based on RAPD analysis. Korean Journal of Breeding Science 32: 12-18
- Lee SW, Kim YY, Hyun JO, Kim ZS. 1997. Comparison of genetic variation in pinus densiflora natural Populations by allozyme and RAPD analysis. Korean J Breed Sci 29: 72-83.
- Moon SG, Huh MK. 2008. Genetic diversity and population structure of cornus controversa hemsley using RAPD. Journal of Life Science 18: 175-179. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2008.18.2.175
- Mou HX, Yu HY, Hou XC. 2008. Regular distribution woody energy plant Xanthoceras sorbifolia Bunge. Journal of Anhui Agriculture Science 36: 3626-3628 (in Chinese).
- Oh Y, Moon SG, Chae YH, Hong HJ, Min CC, Park SH, Huh MK. 2010. Genetic diversity and population structure of Brassica juncea by random amplified polymorphic DNA (RAPD). Journal of Life Science 20: 1538-1543. https://doi.org/10.5352/JLS.2010.20.10.1538
- Seo SD, Yuk JA, Cha SK, Kim HH, Seong BJ, Kim SI, Choi JE. 2003. Analysis of diversity of Panax ginseng collected in Korea by RAPD. Korean Journal of Medicinal Crop Science 11: 377- 384.
- Tang SQ, Bin XY, Peng YT, Zhou JY, Wang L, Zhong Y. 2007. Assessment of genetic diversity in cultivars and wild accessions of Luohanguo (Siraitia grosvenorii [Swingle] AM Lu et ZY Zhang), a species with edible and medicinal sweet fruits endemic to southern China, using RAPD and AFLP markers. Genet Resour Crop Evol 54: 1053-1061. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10722-006-9190-5
- Wang L, Wu S, Kou Y, Luo G. 2012. RAPD analysis of germplasm resources of Xanthoceras sorbifolia. Liaoning Forestry Science and Technology 1: 3.
- Williams JGK, Kubelik AR, Livak KJ, Rafalski JA, Tingey SV. 1990. DNA polymorphisms amplified by arbitrary primers are useful as genetic markers. Nucleic Acids Res 18: 6531-6535. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/18.22.6531
- Yoo KY, Cho KH, Shin IS, Kim JH, Heo S, Noh JH, Kim HR. 2009. Analysis of genetic relationships of grapevine cultivars (Vitis ssp.) in Korea using RAPD markers. Korean Journal of Breeding Science J Breed Sci 41: 437-443.
- Zhou QR, Fu DZ. 2010. Preliminary studies on the reproductive biology of Xanthoceras sorbifolia. Scientia Silvae Sinicae. 46: 158-162.
Supported by : 농촌진흥청