- Volume 28 Issue 4
Among the domestic softwoods, technical value of Pinus koraiensis small diameter logs which have comparatively low applicability was evaluated and sensitive characteristics and physical characteristics were investigated and analyzed for examining if it can be utilized as the interior decoration material. For the sensitive characteristics of Pinus koraiensis, wood figure, wood grain, wood color and odor were evaluated and for the physical characteristics, growth-ring width and latewood percentage, abrasion, density, shrinkage, swelling, absorption, roughness and hardness were evaluated. Then, the possibility to be developed as the interior decoration material was found. As the result of evaluating sensitive characteristics and physical characteristics of domestic Pinus koraiensis, wood figure, wood grain, color and scent clearly were judged to have excellent visual factor as the interior decoration material. And, physical characteristics were also judged to be excellent, so it is judged to be developed as the interior decoration material. Therefore, as the result of various forms of design pattern with domestic Pinus koraiensis small diameter logs, several patterns of interior decoration can be developed by characteristics of each side and colors of heartwood and sapwood. And, in the future, it can be applied to furniture design or interior decoration material for the proper use. Especially, it is considered to contribute to wood applying industry through the study on the quality of domestic small diameter logs which have low applicability.
- Han EJ,Cho JY. 2005. Research reports: Color analysis of printed silk with digital textile printing method. Journal of the Korean Society of Design Culture 11:126-134.
- Hong SI, Lee WY. 1992. Studies on the Hardness of Woods. J For Sci 8: 21-33.
- Kang CW, Kim NH, Kim BR, Kim YS, Byeon HS, So WT, Yeo HM, Oh SW, Lee WH, Lee HH. 2008. Wood Physics and Mechanical Properties. HyangMusSa, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee PW. 1997. Characteristics of wood timber grown in Korea and its application. Seoul National University Press, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee PW. 2001. Wood Anatomy. Seoul National University Press, Seoul, Korea.
- Lee YM. 1995. The korean wood species that we have to know. HyunAmSa, Seoul, Korea.
- Park BH, Lee JY, Hong SH. 2010. Research reports: A Study on the Modern Furniture Design Application through the Wood Figure Analysis. Journal of the Korean Society of Design
- Park SJ, Lee WY, Lee HY. 1999. Wood Tissue & Identification. HyangMusSa, Seoul, Korea.