- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
SHAPE DESIGN FOR DISC OF A DOUBLE-ECCENTRIC BUTTERFLY VALVE USING THE TOPOLOGY OPTIMIZATION TECHNIQUE
위상최적설계 기법을 이용한 이중편심 버터플라이 밸브의 디스크에 대한 형상설계
- Yang, S.M. (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Baek, S.H. (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.) ;
- Kang, S. (Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Dong-A Univ.)
- Received : 2011.12.21
- Accepted : 2012.03.16
- Published : 2012.03.31
In this paper, the shape design process is briefly discussed emphasizing the use of topology optimization in the conceptual design stage. The basic idea is to view feasible domains for sensitivity region concepts. In this method, the main process consists of two steps: as the design moves further inside the feasible domain using Taguchi method, and thus becoming more successful topology optimization, the sensitivity region becomes larger. In designing a double-eccentric butterfly valve, related to hydrodynamic performance and disc structure, are discussed where the use of topology optimization has proven to dramatically improve an existing design and significantly decrease the development time of a shape design. CFD analysis results demonstrate the validity of this approach.
Supported by : 지식경제부
- 2000, Danbon, F., and Solliec, C., "Aerodynamic Torque of a Butterfly Valve-Influence of an Elbow on the Time-Mean and Instantaneous Aerodynamic Torque," ASME J. Fluids Eng., Vol.122, No.2, pp.337-344. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.483262
- 006, Leutwyler, Z., and Dalton, C., "A Computational Study of Torque and Forces Due to Compressible Flow on a Butterfly Valve Disk in Mid-stroke Position," ASME J. Fluids Eng., Vol.128, No.5, pp.1074-1082. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2236129
- 2004, Tsai, C.C., Chang, C.Y., and Tseng, C.H., "Optimal Design of Metal Seated Ball Valve Mechanism," Struct. Multidisc. Optim., Vol.26, No.3-4, pp.249-255. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-003-0342-3
- 2010, Duda, P., and Dwornicka, R., "Optimization of Heating and Cooling Operations of Steam Gate Valve," Struct. Multidisc. Optim., Vol.40, No.1-6, pp.529-535. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-009-0370-8
- 2006, Park, J.Y., and Chung, M.K., "Study on Hydrodynamic Torque of a Butterfly Valve," ASME J. Fluids Eng., Vol.128, No.1, pp.190-195. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2137348
- 2009, Song, X.G., Wang, L., Baek, S.H., and Park, Y.C., "Multidisciplinary Optimization of a Butterfly Valve," ISA Trans., Vol.48, No.3, pp.370-377. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.isatra.2009.01.009
- 1988, Bendsoe, M.P., and Kikuchi, N., "Generating Optimal Topologies in Structural Design Using a Homogenization Method," Comput. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng., Vol.71, No.2, pp.197-224. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7825(88)90086-2
- 1997, Frecher, M.I., Ananthasuresh, G.K., Nishiwaki, S., Kikuchi, N., and Kota, S., "Topological Synthesis of Compliant Mechanisms Using Multi-Criteria Optimization," ASME J. Mech. Des., Vol.119, No.2, pp.238-245. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.2826242
- 2004, Baek, S.H., Lee, K.Y., Cho, S.S., Jang, D.Y., and Joo, W.S., "Optimal Design of Electric Vehicle Cross Beam for Adaptive Design of Homogenized Structure," Trans. of the KSAE, Vol.12, No.5, pp.85-93.
- 2011, ANSYS CFX, User Manual Release 12.1, ANSYS Inc.
- 1989, Barth, T.J., and Jesperson, D.C., "The Design and Application of Upwind Schemes on Unstructured Meshes," AIAA J., Vol.89, No.89-0366, pp.1-12.
- 1994, Menter, F.R., "Two-equation Eddy-viscosity Turbulence Models for Engineering Applications," AIAA J., Vol.32, No.8, pp.1598-1605. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.12149
- 1989, Phadke, M.S., Quality Engineering Using Robust Design, Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ.
- 2010, Baek, S.H., Hong, S.H., Cho, S.S., Jang, D.Y., and Joo, W.S., "Optimization of Process Parameters for Recycling of Mill Scale Using Taguchi Experimental Design ," J. Mech. Sci. Technol., Vol.24, No.10, pp.2127-2134. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12206-010-0714-8
- 1992, Diaz, A.R., and Kikuchi, N., "Solutions to Shape and Topology Eigenvalue Optimization Problems using a Homogenization Method," Int. J. Numer. Methods Eng., Vol.35, pp.1487-1502. https://doi.org/10.1002/nme.1620350707
- 2007, ANSYS Theory Reference Release 11.0, SAS IP, Inc.
- 1999, Behrooz, H., and Ernest, H., Homogenization and Structural Topology Optimization: Theory, Practice and Software, Springer-Verlag.
- Effect Analysis of Design Variables on the Disc in a Double-Eccentric Butterfly Valve vol.2014, pp.1537-744X, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1155/2014/305085
- Design Optimization of the Support Frame of an Antenna Positioner Mounted on a Vehicle vol.31, pp.5, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2014.31.5.411
- A Study on the Flow Characteristics of Reed Valve with Variable Geometric Variations for Cryogenic Linear Expander vol.12, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7839/ksfc.2015.12.4.048
- Study of Structural Stiffness of Refrigerator Cabinet Using the Topology Optimization of a Vacuum Insulated Panel (VIP) vol.32, pp.8, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7736/KSPE.2015.32.8.727
- Optimization of a butterfly valve disc using 3D topology and genetic algorithms vol.56, pp.4, 2017, https://doi.org/10.1007/s00158-017-1694-4