- Volume 28 Issue 3
The Effect of Thickness of Porcelain on Shear Bond Strength Between Heat-Pressed Porcelain and Non-Precious Metal
도재의 두께가 하부금속과의 전단결합강도에 미치는 영향
- Jo, Jung-Min (Department of Dentistry Graduate School, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Cheong-Hee (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Lee, Kyu-Bok (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University) ;
- Cho, Jin-Hyun (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Kyungpook National University)
- 조정민 (경북대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보철학교실) ;
- 이청희 (경북대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보철학교실) ;
- 이규복 (경북대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보철학교실) ;
- 조진현 (경북대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보철학교실)
- Received : 2012.05.10
- Accepted : 2012.09.25
- Published : 2012.09.30
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of various thickness of porcelain on shear bond strength between metal coping and porcelain. So, various thickness of feldspathic porcelain and heat-pressed porcelain were built up and compared. 120 metal cube(
- Vickery RC, Badinell LA. Nature of attachment forces in porcelain-gold system. J Dent Res 1968;47:683-689.
- Schweizer DM, Goldstein GR, Ricci JL, Silva NR, Hithelman EL. Comparison of bond strength of a pressed ceramic fused to metal versus feldspathic porcelain fused to metal. J prostho 2005;14:239-247.
- Kim SS. Comparative study on shear bond strength of press-to-metal ceramic to porcelain fused non precious metal by surface treatment methods. Master thesis, Department of life science graduate school of Catholic University of Pusan, Pusan, Korea.
- Ozcan M. Fracture reason in ceramic-fused-metal restorations. J Oral Rehabil 2003;30:265-269.
- Olio G. Flexural strength and internal defects of some dental Porcelains. Actaodontol scand 1988;46:313-322.
- Jeong IS, Jeong KP, Cha SS, Heo SY. The dental materials. Shinkwang pub. 2nd ed.. 2000;281-284.
- McLean JW. The science and artofdentalceramics. Quintessence 1979;1:55-95.
- McLean JW. The science and artofdentalceramics. Quintessence 1980;1:189-192.
- Lee SH. Comparative study on three- and four-point flexure bond test for metal-ceramic system. Master thesis, Department of dentistry graduate school, Dankook University, Cheonan, Korea.
- ISO 9693. Metal-ceramic bond characterization (Schwick-earth crack initiation test), 1999, 6.3. International Organization for Standardization, Geneva, Switzerland.
- Kim JT. The effect of laser etching on shear bond strength at the titanium-ceramic interface: A comparative study of four different surface treatments. Doctor thesis, Department of dentistry graduate school, Kyungpook National University, Deagu, Korea.
- Lee CH, Cho SA. Effect of surface treatment of nonprecious metal for porcelain in the shear bond strength between metal and porcelain. J Korean Acad Prosthdont 1996;34:533-538.
- Kim KN, Cho SA. Effects of nonprecious metallic oxide on the chemical bonding between dental alloy and porcelain. J Korean Acad Prosthdont 1987;25:317-325.
- Piddock V, Qualtrough AJ. Ceramic update. J Dent 1997;25:91-95.
- Gorman CM, McDevitt WE, Hill RG. Comparison of two heat-pressed all-ceramic dental materials. Dent Mater 2000;16:389-395.