- Volume 28 Issue 3
Time Serial Change of Proximal Contact Tightness Between the Implant Prothesis and Natural Tooth
임플란트 보철물과 자연치 사이의 인접접촉강도의 경시적 변화
- Kim, Jin-A (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Chosun University) ;
- Oh, Sang-Ho (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Chosun University) ;
- Kim, Hee-Jung (Department of Prosthodontics, School of Dentistry, Chosun University) ;
- Min, Jeong-Bum (Department of Conservative Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Chosun University)
- 김진아 (조선대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보철학교실) ;
- 오상호 (조선대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보철학교실) ;
- 김희중 (조선대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보철학교실) ;
- 민정범 (조선대학교 치의학전문대학원 치과보존학교실)
- Received : 2012.06.05
- Accepted : 2012.09.25
- Published : 2012.09.30
The aim of this study was to evaluate time serial change of the TPTC(Tightness of Proximal Tooth Contact) between the implant prosthesis and natural tooth at rest state. Thirty-one patients(19 males and 12 females; mean age, 48.2 years) restored with a total 31 single-implant crowns in the left maxillary for 13 single-implant and left mandibular second molars for 18 single-implant crowns, respectively were selected. The TPTC was checked directly after delivery, 1 month after delivery and 6 months after delivery of prothesis at rest state. The TPTC decreased significantly as time goes by both maxilla(p<.01) and mandible(p<.05). The TPTC between the implant prosthesis and natural tooth decreased as time goes by after fixed implant prothesis placement.
Supported by : 조선대학교 치과병원
- Kim SP. Evaluation of tightness of proximal tooth contact on implant prostheses. Phd Thesis, IN, Korea: Chosun University School of Dentistry. 2008.
- Fuhrmann R, Grave C, Diedrich P. In vitro evaluation of a measurement method to analyze the interdental, mesially directed force. J Orofacial Orthop 1998; 59:362-370.
- Miyamoto K, Yamada K, Ishizuka Y, Morimoto N, Tanne K. Masseter muscle activity during the whole day in young adults. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 1996;110:394-398.
- Southard TE, Behrents RG, Tolley EA. The anterior component of occlusal force: Part I. Measurement and distribution. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 1989;96:493-500.
- Omar R, Wise MD. Mandibular flexure associated with muscle force applied in the retruded axis position. J Oral Rehabil 1981;8:209-221.
- Korioth TWP, Versluis A, Beyer JP. Numerical simulation of approximal dental contact forces during clenching. J Dent Res 1997;76:245-250.
- Shames IH. Engineering Mechanics, Vol.1, Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice-Hall, 1966;170-174.
- Wolpoff MH. Interstitial wear. Am J Phys Anthropol. 1971;34:205-227.
- Satsuma T. Measurement and analysis of upper first molar movement in six-degree-of-freedom. J Japan Prosthodontic Soc. 1999;43:344-354.
- Kim Y, Oh TJ, Misch CE, Wang HL. Occlusal considerations in implant therapy: clinical guidelines with biomechanical rationale. Clin Oral Implants Res. 2005;16:26-35.
- Wei H, Tomotake Y, Nagao K, Ichikawa T. Implant prostheses and adjacent tooth migration: preliminary retrospective survey using 3-dimensional occlusal analysis. Int J Prosthodont 2008;21:302-304.
- Kusakari H. Study on the contact point with special reference to interdental separation. J Japan Prosthodontic Soc. 1965;9:161-182.
- Picton DCA. Some implications of normal tooth mobility during mastication. Arch Oral Biol 1964; 9:565-573.
- Southard TE, Southard KA, Tolley EA. Periodontal force: a potential cause of relapse. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 1992;101:221-227.
- Eissmann, H.F. Wax pattern fabrication. In: Eissmann HF, Rudd KD, Morrow RM, eds. Dental Laboratory Procedure - fixed partial denture. St. Louis, MO, USA: C.V. Mosby Co. 1980:144-146.
- Sturdevant, J.R. & Sturdevant, C.M. Gold inlay and gold onlay restoration for ClassII cavity preparations. In: Sturdevant C, Barton R, Sockwell C, Strickland W, eds. The Art and Science of Operative Dentistry. St. Louis, MO, USA: C.V. Mosby Co. 1985:490.
- Malone, W.F.P., Koth, D.L., Cavazos, E. Jr., Kaiser, D.A. & Morgano, S.M. Laboratory support for fixed prosthodontics. In: Gregore H, ed. Theory and Practice of Fixed Prosthodontics, 8th edn, St. Louis, MO, USA: Ishiyaku EuroAmerica. 1993:288-289.
- Kato H. The function of the tooth supporting structures. Part I. A method of measuring tooth displacement in two dimensions. J Jpn Prosthodont Soc 1981;25:733-745.
- Kato H. The function of the tooth supporting structures. Part II. The dynamics of molars in function and at rest. J Jpn Prosthodont Soc 1982;26:133-147.
- Kasahara K, Miura H, Kuriyama M, Kato H, Hasegawa S. Observations of interproximal contact relations during clenching. Int J Prosthodontics 2000;13:289-294.
- Oh SH, Nakano M, Bando E, Keisuke N, Shigemoto S, Jeong JH et al. Relationship between occlusal tooth contact patterns and tightness of proximal tooth contact. J Oral Rehabil 2006;33:749-753.
- Jacobs R, van Steenberghe D. Comparative evaluation of the oral tactile function by means of teeth or implant-supported prostheses. Clin Oral Implants Res 1991;2:75-80.
- Weiner S, Sirois D, Ehrenberg D, Lehrmann N, Simon B, Zohn H. Sensory responses from loading of implants: a pilot study. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 2004;19:44-51.
- Muhlbradt L, Ulrich R, Möhlmann H, Schmid H. Mechanoperception of natural teeth versus endosseous implants revealed by magnitude estimation. Int J Oral Maxillofac Implants 1989;4:125-130.
- Sekine H et al. Mobility characteristics and tactile sensitivity of osseointegrated fixture-supporting systems. In: van Steenberghe D, ed. Tissue integration in oral maxillofacial reconstructions. Amsterdam: Elsevier; 1986:306-332.
- Gould MSE, Picton DCA. The relation between irregularities of the teeth and periodontal disease. Br Dent J 1966;121:20-23.
- Hancock EB, Mayo CV, Schwab RR, Wirthlin MR. Influence of interdental contacts on periodontal status. J Periodontol 1980;51:445-449.
- Nielson IM, Glavand L, Karring T. Interdental periodontal intrabony defects. J Clin Periodontol 1980;7:187-191.
- Jernberg GR, Bakdash MB, Keenan KM. Relationship between proximal tooth open contacts and periodontal disease. J Periodontol 1983;54:529-533.
- Plicher ES, Gellin RG. Open proximal contact associated with a cast restoration-progressive bone loss: a case report. Gen Dent 1998;46:294-297.
- Barnes DM, Blank LW, Thompson VP, Hoston AM, Gingell JC. A 5-and 8-year clinical evaluation of a posterior composite resin. Quint Int 1991;22:143-151.
- Prakki A, Cilli R, Saad JOC, Rodrigues JR. Clinical evaluation of proximal contacts of Class II esthetic direct restoration. Quint Int 2004;35:785-789.
- Lindquist JT. Thesis: A study of the intra-arch relationships in normal human dentitions, Indiana University School of Dentistry; 1951.
- Osborn JW. An investigation into the interdental forces occurring between the teeth of the same arch during clenching the jaws. Arch Oral Biol 1961;5: 202-211.
- Southard TE, Southard KA, Tolley EA. Variation of approximal tooth contact tightness with postural change. J Dent Res 1990;69:1776-1779.
- Dorfer CE, von Bethlenfalvy ER, Staehle HJ, Pioch T. Factors influencing proximal dental contact strength. Eur J Oral Sci 2000;108:368-377.
- Oh SH, Nakano M, Bando E, Shigemoto S, Kori M. Evaluation of proximal tooth contact tightness at rest and during clenching. J Oral Rehabil 2004;31:538-545.
- Choi WJ. Evaluation and development of digital device for measuring proximal tooth contact tightness. Phd Thesis, IN, Korea: Chosun University School of Dentistry. 2007.
- Parfitt GJ. Measurement of the physiological mobility of individual teeth in an axial direction. J Dent Res 1960;39:608-618.
- Korber KH. Periodontal pulsation. Periodontol 1970;41:382-390.
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Glossary of terms, Oral Implant 1986;12:284.
- Trulsson M, Johansson RS. Encoding of tooth loads by human periodontal afferents and their role in jaw motor control. Prog Neurobiol 1996;49:267-284.
- Morikawa O. Influence of occlusal contacts of implant on adjacent teeth and antagonists displacements. Kokubyo Gakkai Zasshi 2003;70:224-233.
- Göthberg C, Bergendal T, Magnusson T. Complications after treatment with implant-supported fixed prostheses: a retrospective study. Int J Prosthodont. 2003;16:201-207.
- Wheeler RC. An atlas of tooth form, 4th edn. Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders Co; 1969:12.
- Sluder TB. Clinical dental anatomy, histology, physiology and occlusion. In: Studevant CM, ed. The art and science of operative dentistry, 2nd edn. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1985:21.
- Hirschfeld I. Food impaction. J Am Dent Assoc 1930;17:1504-1528.
- The Academy of Prosthodontics. Glossary of prosthodontic terms, 8th edn. J Prosthet Dent 2005;94:46.