- Volume 28 Issue 4
The Surface Characteristic Changes of Hydroxyapatite Coated Ti Disc When Immersed in NaCl Solution
NaCl 수용액에 담근 Hydroxyapatite 코팅된 타이타늄 시편의 표면 변화
- Baek, Yeon-Wha (Department of Prosthodontics and Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Myung-Joo (Department of Prosthodontics and Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University) ;
- Kwon, Ho-Beom (Department of Prosthodontics and Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University) ;
- Lim, Young-Jun (Department of Prosthodontics and Dental Research Institute, School of Dentistry, Seoul National University)
- 백연화 (서울대학교 치의학대학원 치과보철학 교실) ;
- 김명주 (서울대학교 치의학대학원 치과보철학 교실) ;
- 권호범 (서울대학교 치의학대학원 치과보철학 교실) ;
- 임영준 (서울대학교 치의학대학원 치과보철학 교실)
- Received : 2012.10.05
- Accepted : 2012.12.25
- Published : 2012.12.30
In previous studies, methods for enhancing cellular response on the Hydroxyapatite coated implant surface were described. In this study, the changes of surface characteristics such as surface roughness, contact angle, surface energy and surface morphology were observed when Hydroxyapatite coated Ti discs were immersed in NaCl solution for various time. Hydroxyapatite coated Ti discs were immersed in 0.9% NaCl solution for 7, 14 and 21 days at
Supported by : Ministry of Health and Welfare
- Eriksson C, Nygren H, Ohlson K. Implantation of hydrophilic and hydrophobic titanium discs in rat tibia: cellular reactions on the surfaces during the first 3 weeks in bone. Biomaterials 2004;25:4759-66.
- Frayssinet P, Tourenne F, Rouquet N, Conte P, Delga C, Bonel G. Comparative biological properties of HA plasma-sprayed coatings having different crystallinities. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 1994;5:11-7.
- Goldberg VM, Jinno T. The bone-implant interface: a dynamic surface. Journal of long-term effects of medical implants 1999;9:11.
- Gu YX, Du J, Si MS, Mo JJ, Qiao SC, Lai HC. The roles of PI3K/Akt signaling pathway in regulating MC3T3-E1 preosteoblast proliferation and differentiation on SLA and SLActive titanium surfaces. Journal of Biomedical Materials Research Part A 2012.
- Jansen J, Waerden J, Wolke J. A histological evaluation of the effect of hydroxyapatite coating on interfacial response. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 1993;4:466-70.
- Lugscheider E, Knepper M, Heimberg B, Dekker A, Kirkpatrick C. Cytotoxicity investigations of plasma sprayed calcium phosphate coatings. Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Medicine 1994;5: 371-5.
- Gottlander M, Albrektsson T. Histomorphometric studies of hydroxylapatite-coated and uncoated CP titanium threaded implants in bone. The International journal of oral & maxillofacial implants 1991;6:399.
- Anselme K, Sharrock P, Hardouin P, Dard M. In vitro growth of human adult bone-derived cells on hydroxyapatite plasma-sprayed coatings. J Biomed Mater Res 1997;34:247-59.
- Bertazzo S, Zambuzzi WF, Campos DDP, Ogeda TL, Ferreira CV, Bertran CA. Hydroxyapatite surface solubility and effect on cell adhesion. Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2010;78:177-84.
- Bertazzo S, Zambuzzi WF, Campos DDP, Ferreira CV, Bertran CA. A simple method for enhancing cell adhesion to hydroxyapatite surface. Clin Oral Implants Res 2010;21:1411-3.
- Buser D, Schenk R, Steinemann S, Fiorellini J, Fox C, Stich H. Influence of surface characteristics on bone integration of titanium implants. A histomorphometric study in miniature pigs. J Biomed Mater Res 1991;25:889-902.
- Li D, Ferguson SJ, Beutler T, Cochran DL, Sittig C, Hirt HP, Buser D. Biomechanical comparison of the sandblasted and acid-etched and the machined and acid-etched titanium surface for dental implants. J Biomed Mater Res 2002;60:325-32.
- Wennerberg A, Ektessabi A, Albrektsson T, Johansson C, Andersson B. A 1-year follow-up of implants of differing surface roughness placed in rabbit bone. The International journal of oral & maxillofacial implants 1997;12:486.
- Kilpadi DV, Lemons JE. Surface energy characterization of unalloyed titanium implants. J Biomed Mater Res 1994;28:1419-25.