- Volume 56 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Comparison of the Recent Trend of Chemistry Education Research Based on the Analysis of the Domestic and Foreign Journals
국내외 학술지를 토대로 분석한 화학교육 연구의 최근 동향 비교
- Received : 2011.12.07
- Accepted : 2012.02.04
- Published : 2012.04.20
This study analyzed the research papers published in three (2 domestic and 1 foreign) journals, in order to understand the recent trend of chemistry education research. We selected Journal of the Korean Chemical Society (JKCS) and Journal of the Korean Association for Science Education (JKASE) as the domestic journals, and Journal of Chemical Education (JCE) as a foreign journal. The papers published from 2000 to 2009 were analyzed. As the result, the chemistry education research theme focused on 'teaching method and education technology', 'learner's characteristics', and 'chemical concept and experiment' in the order of frequency. The research on 'curriculum and textbooks' was performed often in JKCS reflecting Korean social environment. The most researched chemistry education goal was the 'conceptual understanding/change' followed by 'achievement/grade' in JCE and 'experiment/inquiry skill' in JKCS, and 'attitude/interest/motivation' in JKASE. The research subjects were focused to 'middle or high school students' in JKCS, in contrast to the 'university students' in JCE. More concern to the higher education is required in the domestic research. The most frequently used research method was 'survey/ examination' followed by 'experimental research' in JCE and JKASE and 'data/material analysis' in JKCS. We discussed the implication on future chemistry education research.
Chemistry education;Research trend;Journal of the Korean Chemical Society;Journal of the Korean Association for Science Education;Journal of Chemical Education
- Fensham, P. J. Defining an identity: The evolution of science education as a field of research; Kluwer Academic Publishers: Norwell, MA, 2004.
- Lee, M.-H.; Wu, Y.-T.; Tsai, C. C. International Journal of Science Education 2009, 31(18), 1999. https://doi.org/10.1080/09500690802314876
- Tsai, C.-C.; Wen, M. L. International Journal of Science Education 2005, 27(15), 3. https://doi.org/10.1080/0950069042000243727
- Kim, Y.-M. Journal of the Korean Association of Science Education 1985, 5(2), 139.
- Song, P.-S.; Ki, S.-Y.; Kim, S.-J.; Kim, J.-K.; Kim, H.-G.; Nam, C.-W.; Choi, D.-S.; Han, K.-L.; Hong, H.-H. Elementary Science Education 1999, 18(1), 19.
- Lee, W.-S.; Park, S.-J.; Kim, Y.-S. Journal of the Korean Association of Science Education 1991, 11(2), 143.
- Kim, Y.-M.; Oh, J.-S.; Han, Y.-S. Journal of the Korean Association of Science Education 1987, 7(2), 15.
- Choi, B.-S. Chungnam Science Education Research 1995, 5(1), 100.
- Jang, B.-G. Elementary Science Education 2003, 22(2), 192.
- Shin, D.-H. Journal of the Korean Earth Science Society 2000, 21(4), 479.
- Shin, D.-H.; Lee, J.-H. The Environmental Education 2009, 22(4), 111.
- Park, J. Y.; Kim, H. B. Journal of the Korean Society of Biology Education 2007, 34(5), 551.
- Ercikan, K.; Roth, W.-M. Educational Researcher 2006, 35(5), 14. https://doi.org/10.3102/0013189X035005014
- Kang, K.-H. Journal of the Korean Association of Science Education 2010, 30(1), 54.
- Shin, D.-H. Journal of the Korean Earth Science Society 2007, 28(4), 453. https://doi.org/10.5467/JKESS.2007.28.4.453
- Lee, S.-H.; Park, J.-S.; Jeon, M.-K. Journal of the Korean Association of Science Education 2007, 27(5), 447.
- Park, J.; Ryu, S.-J.; Kim, H.-B. Journal of the Korean Society of Biology Education 2010, 38(2), 391.
- Research Trends Analysis of Published Papers in the Journal of Korean Ophthalmic Optics Society vol.20, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.14479/jkoos.2015.20.2.93
Supported by : 충북대학교