- Volume 13 Issue 1
Optimal transfer trajectories based on the planar circular restricted three body problem are designed by using mixed impulsive and continuous thrust. Continuous and dynamic trajectory optimization is reformulated in the form of discrete optimization problem. This is done by the method of direct transcription and collocation. It is then solved by using nonlinear programming software. Two very different transfer trajectories can be obtained by the different combinations of the design parameters. Furthermore, it was found out that all designed trajectories permit a ballistic capture by the Moon's gravity. Finally, the required thrust profiles are presented and they are analyzed in detail.
Earth-Moon transfer;Three body problem;Optimization;Nonlinear programming
- B. L. Pierson and C. A. Kluever, "Three-Stage Approach to Optimal Low-Thrust Earth-Moon Trajectories," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 17, No. 6, 1994, pp. 1275-1282. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.21344
- M. T. Ozimek and K.C. Howell, "Low-Thrust Transfers in the Earth-Moon System, Including Applications to Libration Point Orbits," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 33, No. 2, 2010, pp. 533-549. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.43179
- A. Miele and S. Mancuso, "Optimal Trajectories for Earth-Moon-Earth Flight", Acta Astronautica, Vol. 49, No. 2, 2001, pp. 59-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0094-5765(01)00007-8
- F. Garcia and G. Gomez, "A note on weak stability boundaries", Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, 97, 2007, pp. 87-100. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10569-006-9053-6
- E. A. Belbruno and J. P. Carrico, "Calculation of Weak Stability boundary Ballistic Lunar Transfer Trajectories", AIAA/AAS Astrodynamics Specialist Conference, AIAA, 2000. Paper 2000-4142.
- G. Mingotti, F. Topputo and F. Bernelli-Zazzera, "A Method to Design Sun-Perturbed Earth-to-Moon Low-Thrust Transfers with Ballistic Capture", XIX Congresso Nazionale AIDAA, 2007.
- W.S. Koon, M.W., Lo, J. E, Marsden and S.D., Ross, "Low energy transfer to the moon", Celestial Mechanics and Dynamical Astronomy, Vol. 81, Issues. 1-2., 2001, pp. 63-73. https://doi.org/10.1023/A:1013359120468
- F. Topputo, M. Vasile, and F. Bernelli-Zazzera, "Earthto- Moon Low Energy Transfers Targeting L1 Hyperbolic Transit Orbits", Annals of Academic of Sciences, New York, vol. 1065, 2005, pp. 55-76 https://doi.org/10.1196/annals.1370.025
- C. A. Kluever and B. L. Pierson, "Optimal Low-Thrust Three-Dimensional Earth-Moon Trajectories," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 18, No. 4, 1994, pp. 830-837.
- C. A. Kluever and B. L. Pierson, "Optimal Earth-Moon Trajectories Using Nuclear Electronic Propulsion," ," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 20, No. 2, 1997, pp. 239-245. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4058
- A. L. Herman and B. A. Conway, "Optimal, Low- Thrust, Earth-Moon Orbit Transfer," ," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 21, No. 1, 1998, pp. 141-147. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4210
- Belbruno, E. A. and Miller, J. K. "A Ballistic Lunar Capture Trajectory for Japanese Spacecraft Hiten", Jet Propulsion Lab., JPL IOM 312/90.4- 1731.
- C. Ranieri and C. Ocampo, "Optimization of Round trip, Time-constrained, Finite Burn Trajectories via an Indirect Method," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 28, No. 2, 2005, pp. 306-314. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.5540
- C. Ranieri and C. Ocampo, "Indirect Optimization of Spiral Trajectories," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 29,No. 6, 2006, pp. 1360-1366. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.19539
- Russell, R., "Primer Vector Theory Applied to Global Low-Thrust Trade Studies," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 30, No. 2, 2007, pp. 460-473. https://doi.org/10.2514/1.22984
- P. J. Enright and B. A. Conway, "Discrete Approximations to Optimal Trajectories Using Direct Transcription and Nonlinear Programming", Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 15, No. 4, 1992, pp.944-1002. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20928
- C. Hargraves and S. Paris, "Direct Trajectory Optimization Using Nonlinear Programming and Collocations," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 10, No. 4,1987, pp. 338-342. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.20223
- B. Conway and K. Larson, "Collocation Versus Differential Inclusion in Direct Optimization," Journal of Guidance, Control, and Dynamics, Vol. 21, No. 5, Sept.-Oct. 1998, pp. 780-785. https://doi.org/10.2514/2.4306
- J. Hargens and V. Coverstone, "Low-Thrust Interplanetary Mission Design Using Differential Inclusion," IAA/AAS Astrodynamics Specialist Conference and Exhibit, AIAA Paper 2002-4730, Aug. 2002.
- H. Schaub and J. L. Junkins, "Analytical Mechanics of Space Systems," American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, Inc., 2nd ed., 2009.
- A. E. Roy, "Orbital Motion," Taylor and Francis Groups, LLC, 4th ed., 2009.
- B. Gray, Homotopy Theory, An Introduction to Homotopy Theory, Academic Press, INC., 1975.
연구 과제 주관 기관 : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)