- Volume 22 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Comparison between the Balance of Skilled and Less-Skilled Players during Successful and Failed Front Kick and Turning Side Kick Motions
태권도 품새 우수·비 우수선수 간 앞차고 몸돌아 옆차기의 성·패에 따른 균형성 비교
- Yoo, Si-Hyun (Department of Physical Education, Graduate School of Korea National Sport University) ;
- Ryu, Ji-Seon (Department of Health and Exercise Science, College of Lifetime Sport of Korea National Sport University)
- Received : 2012.07.31
- Accepted : 2012.09.26
- Published : 2012.09.30
The aim of this study is to identify the appropriate movement for maintaining postural balance during Front Kick and Turning Side Kick motions. To do so, ten Taekwondo athletes: five skilled players(S, body mass:
- Chung, C. S., Joe, Y. S., & Bae, S. J.(1994). Stability analysis of one foot standing motion in Korean Dance. Journal of the Institute of Sport Science of Seoul National University, 15(2), 75-89.
- Cromwell, R. D., Meyers, P. M., Meyers, P. E., & Newton, R. A.(2007). Taekwondo: an effective exercise for improving balance and walking ability in older adults. Journal of Gerontology, 62A(6), 641-646.
- Davlin, C. D.(2004). Dynamic balance in high level athletes. Perceptual and Motor Skills, 98, 1171-1176. https://doi.org/10.2466/PMS.98.4.1171-1176
- Gatts, S. K., & Woollacott, M. H.(2007). How tai chi improves balance: biomechanics of recovery to a walking slip in impaired seniors. Gait & Posture, 25, 205-214. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2006.03.011
- Johnson, B. L., & Nelson, J. K.(1986). Practical measurements for evaluation in physical education, 236.
- Karlsson, A., & Frykberg, G.(2000). Correlations between force plate measures for assessment of balance. Clinical Biomechanics, 15, 365-369. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0268-0033(99)00096-0
- Kim, H. D., & Lee, J. S.(2010). Influence of long term taekwondo training on the development of postural stability of preadolescent. The Korea Journal of Growth and Development, 18(4), 257-262.
- Korea Taekwondo Association(2011). Poomsae Competition Rules & Interpretation
- Kukkiwon(2006). Taekwondo textbook. Seoul: Osung.
- Laughton, C. A., Slavin, M., Katdare, K., Nolan, L., Bean, J. F., Kerrigan, D. C., Phillips, E., Lipsitz, L. A., & Collins, J. J.(2003). Aging, muscle activity, and balance control: physiologic changes associated with balance impairment. Gait & Posture, 18, 101-108. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(02)00200-X
- Lugade, V., Lin, V., & Chou, L. S.(2011). Center of mass and base of support interaction during gait. Gait & Posture, 33(3), 406-411. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gaitpost.2010.12.013
- Mak, M. K., & Ng, P. L.(2003). Mediolateral sway in single-leg stance is the best discriminator of balance performance for Tai-Chi practitioners. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 84, 683-686. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0003-9993(02)04810-4
- Pant, H., Sukumar, K., Sharma, H., Pandey, A. K., & Goel, S. N.(2006). Correlation between muscles strength in relation to dorsiflextion, planterflextion, eversion and inversion strength with body balance. Journal of Biomechanics, 39(S1), 557.
- Perrin, P., Deviterne, D., Hugel, F., & Perrot, C.(2002). Judo, better than dance, develops sensorimotor adaptabilities involved in balance control. Gait & Posture, 15, 187-194. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0966-6362(01)00149-7
- Ryu, J. S.(2009). The temporal coordination of the lower extremity by increasing high-heel height during walking. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 19(3), 593-601. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2009.19.3.593
- Ryu, J. S.(2010a). Difference of shoe, dress shoe, and barefoot's impact factors during walking. The Korean Journal of Physical Education, 49(1), 445-455.
- Ryu, J. S.(2010b). Effects of quiet standing and walking with high-heeled shoe on the balance. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 20(4), 479-486. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2010.20.4.479
- Ryu, J. S., Yoo, S. H., Park, S. K., & Yoon, S. H.(2012). Comparisons between skilled and less-skilled players' balance in hakdariseogi. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 22(1), 55-63. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2012.22.1.055
- Tanaka, N., Ishikawa, A., Yoshihira, M., & Hase, K.(2007). Relationship between leg muscle activities and medial -lateral balance in tandem stance. Clinical Neurophysiology, 118, e198.
- Verkindt, C., Dalleau, G., Leroyer, P. & Allard, P.(2009). Quiet standing balance in pre-adolescent grils and woman. International Socity of Biomechanics XXIInd Congress Proceedings.
- Yang, D. Y.(1977). A study on the stability of Taekwondo kicks. Unpublished Master's Thesis, Graduate School of Seoul National University.
- Youm, C. H., Park, Y. H., & Seo, K. W.(2008). Assessment of single-leg stance balance using COP 95% confidence ellipse area. Korean Journal of Sport Biomechanics, 18(2), 19-27. https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2008.18.2.019
- Yoo, S. H.(2012). The balance of Taekwondo front kick and turning side kick. master's paper of Korea National Sport University.
- Winter, D. A., Prince, F., Frank, J. S., Powell, C., & Zabjeck, K. F.(1996). Unified theory regarding A/P and M/L balance in quiet stance. Journal of Neurophysiology, 75, 2334-2343.
- Winter, D. A., Patla, A. E., Prince, F., Ishac, M., & Gielo- Perczak, K.(1998). Stiffness control of balance in quiet standing. Journal of Neurophysiology 80, 1211-1221.
- Kinematic Characteristics Based on Proficiency In Geoduepyeopchagi in Taekwondo Poomsae Koryo vol.26, pp.4, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2016.26.4.343
- Successful Factor Analysis of 540° Dwihuryeochagi to Apply Free Style Poomsae of Taekwondo vol.23, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2013.23.4.285
- The Kinematic Analysis of Upper Extremities for Badminton Smash and Drop Motions depends on the Player's Level vol.23, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2013.23.3.201
- Kinematic Analysis of Accuracy Evaluation of Pyeongwon Poomsae vol.25, pp.4, 2015, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2015.25.4.431
- Kinematic Analysis of Cornering with Different Radius of Curve Course in Short Track Speed Skating vol.23, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5103/KJSB.2013.23.2.109