- Volume 47 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Synthesis and Characterization of Bio-Elastomer Based on Vegetable Oils
식물성 오일 기반 바이오 탄성체의 합성과 특성
- Lee, Hyeok (Department of Polymer Science & Enginering, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kwak, Kyung-Hwan (Department of Polymer Science & Enginering, Gyeongsang National University) ;
- Kim, Jin-Kuk (Department of Polymer Science & Enginering, Gyeongsang National University)
- Received : 2012.01.12
- Accepted : 2012.01.27
- Published : 2012.03.31
Novel bio-polybutadiene polymers with controlled molecular weight (MW), MW distribution, chemical composition and micro structure were synthesized by a living anionic polymerization of butadiene and the subsequent coupling reaction of the thus obtained living polybutadiene and a vegetable oil. Anionic polymerization of butadiene was carried out in THF solvent using n-BuLi initiator. The resulting living polybutadienyllithium polymer was then reacted with epoxidized soybean oil (ESO) to obtain a star-polymer of polybutadiene and vegitable oil. Three different bio-elastomers were prepared by coupling living polybutadienes of MWs 1000, 5000 and 1000g/mol with ESO. The molecular structure and MW of the polybutadienes and bioelastomers were characterized by
Grant : 환경융합신기술개발사업
Supported by : 환경부
- H. Uyama, M. Kuwabara, T. Tsujimoto, and S. Kobayashi, Biomacromolecules, 4, 211 (2003). https://doi.org/10.1021/bm0256092
- S.J. Park, F.L. Jin, and J.R. Lee, Macromol.Chem. Phys., 205, 2048 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1002/macp.200400214
- J. Sriupayo, P. Supaphol, J. Blackwell, and R. Rujiravanit, Carbohydr. Polym., 62, 130 (2005). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.carbpol.2005.07.013
- Z.S. Liu, S.Z. Erhan, and P.D. Calvert, Composites: Part A, 38, 87 (2007). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesa.2006.01.009
- F. Ali, Y.W. Chang, S.C. Kang, and J.Y. Yoon, Polymer Bulletin, 62, 91 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1007/s00289-008-1012-9
- J. Zou, X. Chen, Y. Shu, and H. Zhou, Polymer Bull., 66, 318 (2011).
- S.Y. Liu, C.Q. Zhang, F.J. Zeng, and Y.R. Wang, China Synthetic Rubber Industry, 29, 227 (2006).
- M. Szwarc, Nature, 178, 1168 (1956). https://doi.org/10.1038/1781168a0
- H.L.Hsieh, R.P. Quirk, Marcel Dekker : New York, (1996) 71-92.
- J.S. Wang and K. Matyjaszewski, Chem.Soc., 117, 5614 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1021/ja00125a035
- M.Szwarc, Nature, 176, 1168 (1956).
- P. Malcolm, Stevens, Polymer Chem, Oxford University Press, Inc(1990).
- K. Matyjaszewski, Polymer Sci., 31, 995 (1993).
- O.W.Webster, Science, 251, 887 (1991). https://doi.org/10.1126/science.251.4996.887
- M. Morton, Anionic polymerization, New York (1983).
- R.J. Flory, Nature, 62, 1561 (1940).
- D.J. Bmnell, In Ring-Opening Polymerization : Mechanisms, Catalysis, Structure, Utility, Henser, Munich (1993).