- Volume 47 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Mechanical Properties of Acrylonitrile Functionalized Emulsion SBR/silica Compounds
아크릴로니트릴이 극성기로 도입된 유화중합 SBR/실리카 컴파운드의 기계적 물성
- Kim, Dong-Won (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Seo, Byeong-Ho (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University) ;
- Kim, Hee-Jeong (Department of Polymer Engineering and Science, Pusan National University) ;
- Paik, Hyun-Jong (Department of Polymer Engineering and Science, Pusan National University) ;
- Kang, Jong-Won (Ulsan Plant, Kumho Petrochemical) ;
- Kim, Won-Ho (Department of Chemical Engineering, Pusan National University)
- 김동원 (부산대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 서병호 (부산대학교 화학공학과) ;
- 김희정 (부산대학교 고분자공학과) ;
- 백현종 (부산대학교 고분자공학과) ;
- 강종원 (금호석유화학 울산공장) ;
- 김원호 (부산대학교 화학공학과)
- Received : 2011.12.29
- Accepted : 2012.01.26
- Published : 2012.03.31
Acrylonitrile was introduced in the emulsion SBR to increase compatibility between silica and rubber. AN-SBR/silica compounds showed faster vulcanization time and higher delta torque values than SBR 1721/silica compounds because interaction between nitrile group of AN-SBR and silanol group on the silica surface could make hydrogen bond that prevented adsorption of the accelerator on the silica surface, which improved the vulcanization reaction efficiency and enhanced the degree of crosslinking. AN-SBR/silica compound showed higher values in minimum torque than SBR 1721/silica compound during the vulcanization because AN-SBR has higher molecular weight than SBR 1721 in the raw material. When PEG was added to the SBR 1721 and AN-SBR compounds, vulcanization time was faster than SBR 1721 and AN-SBR compounds without PEG because PEG has a large number of ether linkages which show high compatibility with silanol group on the silica surface that prevented the adsorption of the accelerator and the ingredients on the silica surface, which improved the vulcanization reaction efficiency. In the mechanical properties, AN-SBR compounds showed higher modulus values at 100%, 300% than SBR 1721 compounds because interaction between nitrile group of AN-SBR and silanol group on the silica surface enhanced the degree of crosslinking. In the dynamic properties, AN-SBR compounds showed lower tan
Supported by : 부산대학교
- S.L. Lee and C.Y. Shon, "Navigating of EU environmental regulation for tire", Auto Journal, 3, 17 (2009).
- L. Xiao and Z. Suhe, "Measurement of the condensation temperature of nanosilica powder organically modified by a silane coupling agent and its effect evaluation", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 108, 3038 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.27907
- C.H. Shin and D.S. Kim, "Effects of rubber type on the curing and physical properties of silica filled rubber compounds", Polym. Adv. Technol., 19, 1062 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1002/pat.1078
- H. Yan, K. Sun, Y. Zhang, Y. Zhang, and Y. Fan, "Effects of Silane Coupling Agents on the Vulcanization Characteristics of Natural Rubber", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 94, 1511 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.21071
- A. S. Hashim, B. Azahari, Y. Ikeda, and S. Kohjiya, "The Effect of Bis(3-Triethoxysilylpropyl) Tetrasulfide on Silica Reinforcement of Styrene-Butadiene Rubber", Rubber Chem. Technol., 71, 289 (1998). https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3538485
- S. Wolff, "Chemical Aspects of Rubber Reinforcement by Fillers", Rubber Chem. Technol., 69, 325 (1996). https://doi.org/10.5254/1.3538376
- S.-S. Choi, "Influence of the silica content on rheological behavior and cure characteristics of silica filled styrene- butadiene rubber compounds", Polym int., 50, 524 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1002/pi.660
- W.J. Son, W.H. Kim, and U.R. Cho, "Crack and Cutting Resistance Properies of Natural Rubber(NR) Compounds with Silica/Carbon Black Dual Phase Filler", Elastomer, 37, 87 (2002).
- Y.C. Jung, "Mix using of carbon black and silica", Elastomer, 20, 230 (1985).
- X. Liu and S. Zhao, "Measurement of the condensation temperature of nanosilica powder organically modified by a silane coupling agent and its effect evaluation", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 108, 2038 (2008).
- C.J. Lin, W.L. Hergenrother, and A.S. Hilton, "Reduction of Volatile Organic Compound Emission", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 115, 655 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.30969
- G. Thielen, "Chemically Modified Emulsion SBR in Tire Treads", Rubber Chem. Technol., 81, 636 (2008).
- H.A. Colvin and M.L. Senyek, "Emulsion styrene-butadiene rubber", US Patent, 6455655B1 (2002).
- H.A. Colvin and M.L. Senyek, "Emulsion styrene-butadiene rubber", US Patent, 6512053B1 (2003).
- S. Chakraborty, S. Bandyopadhyay, R. Ameta, R. Mukhopadhyay, and A.S. Deuri, "Application of FTIR in characterization of acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber", Polym. Testing, 26, 39 (2007).
- C. Wang, X. Huang, and J. Yang, "Cationic cyclization of styrene-butadiene rubber", Eur. Polym. J., 37, 1896 (2001).
- D. Sarkar and B. howmick, "Influence of Styrene Content on the Hydrogenation of Styrene-Butadiene Copolymer", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 71, 1583 (1999).
- S.-S. Choi, "Influence of Liquid Polybutadiene on Properties of Silica-Filled Styrene Butadiene Rubber Compounds", J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 7, 393 (2001).
- S.-S. Choi and S.S. Park, "Influence of Kinds of Fatty Acids and Poly(ethylene glycol)s on Properties of Silica-Filled Natural Rubber Compounds", Kor. Poly. J., 9, 92 (2001).
- H.M. da Costa, T.A.S. Abrantes, R.C.R. Nunes, L.L.Y. Visconte, and C.R.G. Furtado, "Design and analysis of experiments in silica filled natural rubber compounds", Polym. Testing, 22, 773 (2003).
- S.-S. Choi, "Improvement of properties of silica-filled styrene- butadiene rubber compounds using acrylonitrile-butadiene rubber", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 49, 30 (2005).
- S.-S. Choi, "Influence of storage time and temperature and silane coupling agent on bound rubber formation in filled styrene-butadiene rubber compounds", Polym. Testing, 21, 202 (2002).
- S.-S. Choi, "Difference in bound rubber formation of silica and carbon black with styrene butadiene rubber", Polym. Adv. Technol., 13, 472 (2002)
- R. Fan, Y. Zhang, C. Huang, Y. Zhang, Y. Fan, and K. Sun, "Effect of crosslink structures on dynamic mechanical properties of natural rubber vulcanizates under different aging conditions", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 81, 714 (2001).
- R.L. Fan, Y. Zhang, F. Li, Y.X. Zhang, K. Sun, and Y.Z. Fan, "Effect of high-temperature curing on the crosslink structures and dynamic mechanical properties of gum and N330-filled natural rubber vulcanizates", Polym. Testing, 20, 931 (2001).
- J. Han, X. Zhang, W. Guo, and C. Wu, "Effect of modified carbon black on the filler-elastomer interaction and dynamic mechanical properties of SBR vulcanizates", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 100, 3711 (2006).
- W.-S. Kim, D.-H. Lee, I.-J. Kim, M.-J. Son, W. Kim, and S.-G. Cho, "SBR/organoclay nanocomposites for the application on tire tread compounds", Macromolecules, 17, 781 (2009).
- J.W. ten Brinke, P.J. van Swaaij, L.A.E.M. Reuvekamp, and J.W.M. Noordermeer, "The Influence of Silane Sulphur Rank on Processing of a Silica-reinforced Tyre Tread Compound", Kautsch. Gummi Kunstst., 55, 244 (2002).
- Z. Zeng, W. Ren, C. Xu, W. Lu, Y. Zhang and Y. Zhang, "Effect of Bis(3-triethoxysilylpropyl) Tetrasulfide on the Crosslink Structure, Interfacial Adhesion, and Mechanical Properties of Natural Rubber/Cotton Fiber Composites", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 111, 442 (2009).
- M.-J. Wang, "Effect of Polymer-Filler and Filler-Filler Interactions on Dynamic Properties of Filled Vulcanizates", Rubber Chem. Technol., 71, 564 (1998).
- Effect of plasticizer and curing system on freezing resistance of rubbers vol.131, pp.2, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1002/app.39795