- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Speech Database for 3-5 years old Korean Children
만 3-5세 유아의 한국어 음성 데이터베이스 구축
- Received : 2012.02.16
- Accepted : 2012.03.26
- Published : 2012.04.28
Children develop their language skill rapidly between age 3 and 5. To meet the child's language development through a variety of experiences, it is necessary to develop age-appropriate contents. So it needs to develop various contents using speech interface for children, but there is no speech database of korean children. In this paper, we develop speech database of 3 to 5 years old children in korean. For collecting accurate children's speech, child education experts examine in the speech database development process. The words for database are selected from MCDI-K in two stage and children speak a word three times. Such collected speech are tokenized by child and word and stored in database. This speech database will be transferred through web and, hopefully, be the foundation of development of children-oriented contents.
Speech Recognition;Speech Database;Children Contents;Speech Interface
- H. Deniz and H. Cakir, "Design principles for computer-assisted instruction in histology education : An exploratory study," Journal of Science Education and Technology, Vol.15, No.5, pp.399-408, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10956-006-9031-5
- G. J. Hwang and H. F. Chang, "A formative assessment-based mobile learning approach to improving the learning attitudes and achievements of students," Computers & Education, Vol.56, No.1, pp.1023-1031, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2010.12.002
- S. Jane and C. Martyn, "E-learning and accessibility : An exploration of the potential role of generic pedagogical tools," Computers & Education, Vol.54, No.4, pp.1107-1116, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2009.10.017
- L. M. Leslie, C. I. Chang, S. Wang, M. E. Beier, and Y. Klisch, "Learning and motivational impacts of a multimedia science game," Computers & Education, Vol.57, No.1, pp.1425-1433, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compedu.2011.01.016
- 이용주, 김봉완, 김영일, 최대림, "한국의 공동이용을 위한 음성언어자원의 구축 및 보급현황", 한국어정보학회, Vol.10, No.1, pp.81-85, 2008.
- 유재권, 이경미, "한국어에서의 성인과 유아의 음성인식 비교", 한국콘텐츠학회, Vol.11, No.5, pp.138-147, 2011.
- S. Das, D. Nix, and M. Picheny, "Improvements in children's speech recognition performance," In: Proc. ICASSP 98, 1998.
- L. Mahl, "Speech recognition and adaptation experiments on children's speech," KTH, Stockholm, Sweden, 2003.
- M. Gerosa, D. Giuliani, and F. Brugnara, "Acoustic variability and automatic recognition of children's speech," Speech Communication, pp.847-869, 2007.
- D. Giuliani and M. Gerosa. "Investigating recognition of children speech," In Proc. of ICASSP, pp.137-140, 2003.
- B. W. Hwang, S. Kim, and S. W. Lee, "A full-body gesture database for automatic gesture recognition," In Proc. of IEEE Conf. on FGR, pp.243-248, 2006.
- 한나영, 저소득층 밀집지역에서 소득수준에 따른 만4, 5세 유아의 수용.표현 언어발달, 어휘력, 단어읽기 비교: G시 저소득층 밀집지역을 중심으로., 건국대학교 교육대학원 석사학위논문, 2011.
- 최은영, 초기 문해 기술이 유아의 단어읽기와 단어쓰기에 미치는 영향: 연령 및 가정의 사회경제적 지위별 분석, 건국대학교 교육대학원 박사학위논문, 2010.
- J. Nicholas and A. Geers, "Effects of early auditory experience on the spoken language of deaf children at 3 years of age," Ear and hearing, Vol.27, No.3, pp.286-298, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.aud.0000215973.76912.c6
- J. Piaget, Play, dreams and imitation in childhood, New York: Norton&company, 1962.