- Volume 12 Issue 4
DOI QR Code
Secure Disjointed Multipath Routing Scheme for Multimedia Data Transmission in Wireless Sensor Networks
무선 센서 네트워크 환경에서 멀티미디어 데이터 전송을 위한 보안성 있는 비-중첩 다중 경로 라우팅 기법
- 이상규 (충북대학교 전자정보대학 정보통신공학부) ;
- 김동주 (충북대학교 전자정보대학 정보통신공학부) ;
- 박준호 (충북대학교 전자정보대학 정보통신공학부) ;
- 성동욱 (보아스전자(주)) ;
- 유재수 (충북대학교 전자정보대학 정보통신공학부)
- Received : 2012.02.02
- Accepted : 2012.03.19
- Published : 2012.04.28
In recent years, the requirements on the high quality environment monitoring by using the sensor nodes which can handle the multimedia data in WSN have been increased. However, because the volume of multimedia data is tremendous, the limited bandwidth of a wireless channel may incur the bottleneck of a system. To solve such a problem, most of the existing distributed multi-path routing protocols based on multimedia data just focused on overcoming the limited bandwidth in order to enhance the energy efficiency and the transmission rate. However, because the existing methods can not apply a key-based technique to encrypt the multimedia data, they are very weak for the security. In this paper, we propose a secure disjointed multipath routing scheme for multimedia data transmission. Since our proposed scheme divides multimedia data(eg. image) into pixels and sends them through disjointed multipath routing, it can provide security to the whole network without using the key-based method. Our experimental results show that our proposed scheme reduces about 10% the amount of the energy consumption and about 65% the amount of the missed data packets caused by malicious nodes over the existing methods on average.
Wireless Senser Network;Multumedia Data;Distributed Multi-path Routing;Security
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- R. Szewczyk, E. Osterweil, J. Polastre, M. Hamilton, A. Mainwaring, and D. Estrin, "Habitat Monitoring with Sensor Networks," Comm. ACM, Vol.47, No.6, pp.34-40, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1145/990680.990704
- Jun-Hong, C., Jiejun, K., Gerla, M. and Shengli Z., "The Challenges of Building Scalable Mobile Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks for Aquatic Applications," IEEE Network, Vol.20, No.3, pp.12-18, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/MNET.2006.1637927
- S. Lee and M. Gerla, "Split Multipath Routing with Maximally Disjoint Paths in Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. of IEEE International Con ference on Communications(IEEE ICC '01), Vol.10, pp.3201-3205, 2001.
- M. Marina and S. Das "On-demand Multipath Distance Vector Routing in Ad Hoc Networks," Proc. of the International Conference for Network Protocols, pp.14-23, 2001.
- Y. H. Li, "The Case for Multi-Path Multimedia Transport over Wireless Ad-hoc Networks," In Proceedings of the First International Confe rence on Broadband Network, pp.486-495, 2004.
- M. K. Marina and S. R. Das, "On-Demand Multipath Distance Vector Routing in Ad Hoc Networks", In Proceedings of the International Conference for Network Protocols, pp.14-23, 2001.
- Z. Ye, S. V. Krishnamurthy, and S. K. Tripathi, "A Framework for Reliable Routing in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," In Proceedings of IEEE INFOCOM 2003, Vol.1, pp.270-280, 2003.
- S. J. Lee and M. Gerla, "Split Multipath Routing with Maximally Disjoint Paths in Ad Hoc Networks," In Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Communications, Vol.10, pp.3201-3205, 2001.
- D. Seong, M. Jo, J. Park, and J. Yoo, "Disjointed Multipath Routing for Real-time Multimedia Data Transmission in Wireless Sensor Net works," In Proceedings of the Conference of Korea Information Processing Society, Vol.17, No.2, pp.1053-1056, 2010(in Korean).
- W. R. Heinzelman, A. Chandrakasan, and H. Balakrishnan,"Energy-Efficient Communication Protocol for Wireless Microsensor Metworks," In Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp.3005-3014, 2000.