- Volume 12 Issue 4
Communication skill to maintain personal relationships is a crucial factor in our social life. However, even though a number of people are experiencing difficulty in communication owing to their poor interpersonal interchanges in real life, they are interacting with virtual characters in artificially created virtual space. In order to remedy such a lack of communication among game players, first, they need to search appropriate ways to communicate each other in real life, but not in virtual space, or to create a game space as a new place for interaction among them by utilizing advantages of the game world. To accomplish such an aim, it is necessary to precede the research on what kind of relations or characteristics for game players' interaction to others in the real life and game world. For the reason, in this paper, we investigate interaction patterns of game players in real life and in the virtual space. In order to perform this investigation, an ego-gram, which demonstrates the pattern of the ego states as a field-oriented approach is used as the research method. The result shows that there are differences between patterns in each spaces. so, we apply a factor analysis and analyse the relationship between the transaction pattern of players in two spaces using the ego-gram.
Transaction Pattern;Ego-gram;Centered-player;Factor Analysis
- J. L. Applegate and G. B. Leichty, Managing interpersonal relationships: Social congnitive and strategic determinants of competence. In R. N. Bostrom, Competence in communication: A multidisciplinary approach, pp.35-56, 1984.
- B. H. Spitzberg and W. R. Cupach, Interpersonal skills. In M. L. Knapp, & J. A. Daly (Eds.) Handbook of Interpersonal communication, SAGE, pp.564-611, 2002.
- 박종삼, 심리유형(MBTI)과 교류분석(TA)의 심리치료적 접목을 위한 이론적 고찰, 한국심리유형학회지, 제4권, pp.29-51, 1997.
- E. Berne, "Transactional Analysis: A New and Effective Method of Group Therapy," American Journal of Psychotherapy, Vol.3, pp.735-743, 1958.
- E. Berne, Transctional Analsysis in Psychotherapy. Grouve Press, 1961.
- J. M. Dusay, "Egograms and the constancy hypothesis," Transactional analysis Journal, Vol.2, pp.37-42, 1972. https://doi.org/10.1177/036215377200200313
- J. M. Dusay, EGOGRAMS- How I See You and You See Me, Harper & Row Publishers, 1997.
- 이영호, "대학생의 자아상태 활성화와 인간관계 능력 향상을 위한 교류분석적 집단프로그램에 관한 연구", 인간환경복지연구, 제2호, pp.109-147, 2002.
- 김경화, "상호교류분석이론에 기초한 부모교육이 어머니의 심리적 자세.자아 개념 및 유아의 자아개념에 미치는 영향", 중앙대학교 대학원 박사학위논문, 2003.
- W. J. Conover, Practical Nonparametric Statistics. Wiley, 1999.
- R. L. Iman, "Use of at-statistic as an Approximation to the Exact Distribution of Wilcoxon Signed Ranks Test Statistic," Communications in Statistics-Simulation and Computation, Vol. pp.796-806, 1974.