- Volume 12 Issue 4
Usually, bundled software is unwittingly packaged with a user's PC when purchased it. A reason of provides it is for manufacturers to increase the value of the product. However, almost users cannot recognize bundled SW. Paradoxically, sometimes the bundled SW may complain to the user. Eventually these symptoms negatively affect the product. As a result, the SW bundle could not reflect user needs. This study for installed bundled SW on users laptop and we would like to know the understanding and acceptance it of the user. Finally, how can we provides it more effectiveness and looking for ways to make was conducted. From a user perspective, these study four major countries (USA, Germany, China, South Korea) laptop users to perform a total 3,000 people were surveyed. A method of investigation was the quantitative evaluation survey and was conducted online survey approach. Through this study was an analysis to awareness of users by different ages, gender, and usage patterns. Bundle SW through the study of the laptop to the user, effectively providing a way to be confirmed. And right through bundle SW distribution is expected to increase the manufacturer's worth.
PC;Bundled Software;User Value
- M. L. Katz, and C. Shapiro, "Antitrust in Software Markets," Competition, Innovation and the Microsoft Monopoly: Antitrust, pp.30-33, 1999.
- R. S. Pressman, Software Engineering A Practitioner's Approach, 6th ED., McGraw Hill, p.52, 2004.
- 조장희, 김병기, "효율적인 S/W 개발을 위한 요구 분석 및 요구명세의 테스트가능성 측정방안", 한국인터넷정보학회 2005 춘계학술발표대회 논문집, 제6권, 제1호, p.410, 2005.
- 한유나, 신영근, 박상성, 장동식, "라이프스타일에 따른 소비자 그룹의 노트북 컴퓨터 구매의도 비교연구", 한국콘텐츠학회논문지, 제9권, 제6호, p.135, 2009.
- Franklin M. Fisher, "The IBM and Microsoft Cases: What's the Difference?," The American Economic Review, Vol.90, No.2, p.180, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1257/aer.90.2.180
- Gopal K. Kanji, Total quality management: proceedings of the first world congress, Chapman & Hall, p.61, 1995.