- Volume 22 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Numerical Analysis on the Performance Evaluation of Cablebolts as Tunnel Supports
터널 지보재로서 케이블볼트의 성능평가에 관한 수치해석적 연구
- Park, Yeon-Jun (Dept. Civil Engineering, Suwon University) ;
- Park, Joon-Hyoung (Dept. Civil Engineering, Suwon University)
- Received : 2012.04.19
- Accepted : 2012.04.26
- Published : 2012.04.30
Cablebolts used to be employed as auxiliary supports where long or high capacity bolts are needed, but become competitive by the improvements in supportability and easiness in handling. Based on the test results obtained from various researches, the performance of the cablebolts was analyzed numerically while varying lengths and fixing conditions. The supporting effecte is assessed by monitoring displacements and stress taken place in shotcrete. When cablebolts are grouted without being tensioned, supporting effect was not as good as that of rockbolts. But, their supportability was good enough to substitute rockbolts if tensioned properly. Post grouting right after tensioning of the cablebolts shows reduction in supportability, but long term stability could be achieved without losing supportability if grouted when the bolt is far enough from the face. Further study is necessary including laboratory and in-situ tests under various conditions to use cablebolts as main support in tunnels.
- 한국도로공사, 2009, 고속국도 제 30호선 상주-영덕간 고속도로 건설공사, 종합 보고서.
- Choi Jung-In, 2010, Evaluation of cablebolt performance (in Korean), Ms. Thesis, Konkuk University.
- Goris, J. M., 1990, Laboratory evaluation of cable bolt supports (in two parts), evaluation of supports using conventional cables, USBM RI 9308, Washington: US Department of the Interior, 23p.
- Grimstad, E. and Barton, N., 1993, Updating of the Q-system for NMT. Proceedings of the International Symposium on Sprayed Concrete. Modern Use of Wet Mix Sprayed Concrete for Underground Support, Fagernes, (eds Kompen, Opsahl and Berg), Oslo: Norwegian Concrete Association.
- Grimstad, E., Barton, N. and Loset,. F. 1993, NMT Tunnel support design. World Tunnelling, September, pp 270.
- Hoek, E., 1981, Geotechnical design of large opening at depth, Proc. Conf. Rapid Excavation Tunnelling, New York, AIME.
- Hutchinson, D.J. and Diederichs, M.S., 1996, Cablebolting in underground mines, BiTech Publishers Ltd, Canada.
- Park Yeon-Jun and Ryu Il-Hyung, 2011, A study on the estimation of load distribution factors considering excavation methods and initial stress conditions (in Korean), Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 21, No. 3, pp. 192-204.
- Unal, E., 1983, Design guidelines and roof control standards for coal mine roofs, Ph.D. Thesis, Pennsylvania State University, 355p.