- Volume 26 Issue 2
DNV-OS-F101 includes the concept development, design, construction, operation,and abandonment of offshore pipeline systems. The main objective of this offshore standard (OS) is to ensure that pipeline systems are safe during the installation and operational period. The pipeline design philosophy also includes public safety and environmental protection. The mechanical wall thickness design of a pipeline shall follow the design objectives and safety philosophy. This new design code includes a very sophisticated design procedure to ensure a safe pipeline, public safety, and environmental protection. This paper presents the results of a parametric study for the wall thickness design of offshore pipelines. A design matrix was developed to cover the many design factors of pipeline integrity, public safety, and environmental protection. Sensitivity analyses of the various parameters were carried out to identify the impacts on offshore pipeline design.
Offshore pipeline wall thickness;Pressure containment;Collapse;Propagation buckling;Load controlled condition;Displacement controlled condition
- Brown, G., Tkaczyk, T. and Howard, B. (2004). "Reliability Based Assessment of Minimum Reelable Wall Thickness for Reeling", Proceeding of IPC 04-0733, IPC Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
- Choi, H.S. (2006). "A Benchmark Study of Design Codes on Offshore Pipeline Collapse for Ultra-Deepwater", The Society of Naval Architects of Korea, SOTECH, Vol 10, No 1, pp 38-46.
- Choi, H.S. and Do, C.H. (2006). "Integrated Expansion Analysis of Pipe-In-Pipe Systems", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, The Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, Vol 20, No 5, pp 9-14.
- Choi, H.S., Lee, S.K. and Chun, E.J. (2008). "A Review of Expansion Behavior of Marine Pipelines", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, The Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, Vol 22, No 2, pp 13-19.
- Choi, H.S., Do, C.H. and Na, Y.J. (2010). "Expansion Spool Design of an Offshore Pipeline by the Slope Deflection Method", Journal of Ocean Engineering and Technology, The Korean Society of Ocean Engineers, Vol 24, No 5, pp 1-7.
- DNV (1976). Rules for the Design, Construction and Inspection of Submarine Pipelines and Pipeline Risers, Det Norske Veritas., Hovik.
- DNV (1981). Rules for the Submarine Pipeline Systems, Det Norske Veritas., Hovik.
- DNV (2000, 2005, 2007, 2010). Submarine Pipeline Systems, Offshore Standard DNV-OD-F101, Det Norske Veritas., Hovik.
- Technip (2005). Mechanical Design of Chayvo-Orlan Pipelines, NCS Sakhalin 1 EPC 2 - Offshore Pipeline, Doc. No. RUSA-RJE-GL-YR-61600.8115, Technip, Houston.
- Torseletti, E., Bruschi, R., Marchesani, F. and Vitali, L. (2003). "Buckle Propagation and its Arrest: Buckle Arrestor Design Versus Numerical Analyses and Experiments", Vol 2, OMAE 2003-37220, pp 661-674.
- Vitali, L., Bruschi, R., Mork, K. and Verley, R. (1999). "Hotpipe project - Capacity of Pipes Subjected to Internal Pressure, Axial Force and Bending Moment", Proc. 9th Int. Offshore and Polar Engineering Conference, Brest.
Supported by : 대우조선해양(주)