- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Effects of Diffusible Hydrogen Content and Hardness on Cold Cracking in High Strength Weld Metal
고강도강 용접금속 저온균열 발생에 미치는 확산성수소량 및 경도의 영향
Seo, Won-Chan;Bang, Kook-Soo
- Received : 2012.12.01
- Accepted : 2012.04.19
- Published : 2012.04.30
The effects of the diffusible hydrogen content and hardness on the cold cracking in high strength weld metal were investigated. The diffusible hydrogen contents were influenced by welding parameters such as the voltage and contact tip-to-work distance (CTWD). The diffusible hydrogen content increased with an increase in voltage. However, it was decreased with an increase in CTWD. CTWD also influenced the weld metal hardness,especially when the wire used had a higher strength than the base metal. This showed that weld metal hardness had a more powerful effect on weld metal cold cracking than the diffusible hydrogen content in this experiment.
Weld metal;Cold cracking;Diffusible hydrogen content;Hardness
- 도원도부, 산기강구, 하야무량 (1980). 현대용접기술대계. 제24권, 산보출판, 동경.
- 한동우, 방국수, 정홍철, 이종봉 (2010). "FCAW에서 용접금속 확산성수소량에 미치는 용접변수 영향의 정량적 해석", 대한용접접합학회지, 제28권, 제2호, pp 54-59.
- Davidson, J.L. (1998). "Advances in Hydrogen Management: the Science Based Design of Low Hydrogen Consumables for the Future", Australasian Welding Journal, Vol 43, No 3, pp 33-39.
- Di-jing, X., Hong, Q. and Jianming, J. (1994). "Investigation on Susceptibility to Hydrogen-Assisted Cracking in HSLA Steel Weldments", Welding Journal, Vol 73, No 12, pp 285-290.
- Dixon, B. and Hakansson, K. (1995). "Effects of Welding Parameters on Weld Zone Toughness and Hardness in 600 MPa Steel", Welding Journal, Vol 74, No 4, pp 122-132.
- Easterling, K. (1992). Introduction to the Physical Metallurgy of Welding, 2nd ed., Butterworth Heinemann, Oxford.
- Harwig, D.D., Longenecker, D.P. and Cruz, J.H. (1999). "Effects of Welding Parameters and Electrode Atmospheric Exposure on the Diffusible Hydrogen Content of Gas Shielded Flux Cored Welding", Welding Journal, Vol 78, No 9, pp 314-321.
- Kiefer, J.H. (1996). "Effects of Moisture Contamination and Welding Parameters on Diffusible Hydrogen", Welding Journal, Vol 75, No 5, pp 155-161.
- Kuebler, R., Pitrun, M. and Pitrun, I. (2000). "The Effect of Welding Parameters and Hydrogen Levels on the Weldability of High Strength Q&T Steel Welded with FCAW Consumables", Australasian Welding Journal, Vol 45, No 1, pp 38-47.
- Pitrun, M., Davidson, J.L., Kenny, C.J., Wittke, P.J. and Cornish, N. (2001). "Factors Affecting the Hydrogen Content of Weld Metal Deposited by Flux Cored Arc Welding Consumables", Australasian Welding Journal, Vol 46, No 1, pp 33-38.
- Savage, W.F., Nippes, E.F. and Homma, H. (1976). "Hydrogen Induced Cracking in HY-80 Steel Weldments", Welding Journal, Vol 55, No 11, pp 368-376.
- Savage, W.F., Nippes, E.F. and Husa, E.I. (1982). "Hydrogen- Assisted Cracking in HY-130 Steel Weldments", Welding Journal, Vol 61 , No 8, pp 233-242.
- Savage, W.F., Nippes, E.F. and Tokunaga, Y. (1978). "Hydrogen Induced Cracking in HY-130 Steel Weldments", Welding Journal, Vol 57, No 4, pp 118-126.
- Vasudevan, R., Stout, R.D. and Pense, A.W. (1981). "Hyd rogen-Assisted Cracking in HSLA Pipeline Steels", Welding Journal, Vol 60, No 9, pp 155-168.
- Watkinson, F. (1969). "Hydrogen Cracking in High Strength Weld Metals", Welding Journal, Vol 48, No 9, pp 417-424.
- White, D. Pollad, G. and Gee, R. (1992). "The Effect of Welding Parameters on Diffusible Hydrogen Levels in Cored Wire Welding", Welding & Metal Fabrication, Vol 60, No 6, pp 209-216.
- Yurioka, N. and Suzuki, H. (1990). "Hydrogen Assisted Cracking in C-Mn and Low Alloy Steel Weldments", International Materials Reviews, Vol 35, No 4, pp 217- 249. https://doi.org/10.1179/095066090790323957