- Volume 26 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Conceptual Design of Product & Asset Lifecycle Management System for Marine Structures During Middle of Life
선박해양구조물의 유지보수 단계 수명주기관리 정보 시스템의 개념 설계와 구현
Kim, Seung-Hyun;Lee, Jang-Hyun;Son, Gum-Jun;Han, Eun-Jung
- Received : 2012.02.15
- Accepted : 2012.04.19
- Published : 2012.04.30
Recently, both the integration of product data during design and production and the effective management of information during full lifecycles have attracted attention from shipyards and ship owners as a result of recycling regulations and a desire for efficient operations. Generally, PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) supports a collaborative environment during the BOL (Beginning of Life) stage, while an ALM (Asset Lifecycle Management) system provides all of the information required to maintain, overhaul, and discard/recycle all or part of a vessel during the MOL (Middle of Life) and EOL (End of Life) stages. The main goal of this paper is to suggest the fundamental configuration of a PALM (Product Asset Lifecylce Management) system and a method that can be used to utilize a marine vessel's lifecycle information during the MOL, emphasizing the maintenance information during the middle of life. The authors also suggest a PALM system configuration in which lifecycle information can be collected by a PEID (Product Embedded Information Device) integrating a microcomputer, sensors, and wireless network communication. Through a prototype PALM system, the suggested features and PALM system configuration are implemented.
PALM;PEID(Product embedded information device);Maintenance;Middle of life;BOM(Bill of material
- 김승현, 이장현, 이경호, 박광필, 서흥원 (2010). "4-계층 모델 기 반의 선박 수명주기관리 시스템 프레임워크", 한국 CAD/CAM 학회 논문집, 제15권, 제5호, pp 362-374.
- 소승욱 (2010). "선박 수명주기 관리를 위한 CMMS 개발 추진 사례", 2010 PLM 컨소시엄컨퍼런스.
- Abawi, D.F., Bienwald, J. and Dorner, R. (2004). "Accuracy in Optical Tracking with Fiducial Markers: An Accuracy Function for ARToolKit", Proceedings of the Third IEEE and ACM International Symposium on Mixed and Augmented Reality (ISMAR 2004), November 2004, Arlington, VA., pp 260-261.
- Chang, T.C., Wang, N. and Durak, O.S. (2010). "Ship Recycling and Marine Pollution", Marine Pollution Bulletin, Vol 60, No 9, pp 1390-1396. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.marpolbul.2010.05.021
- Clark, J.O. (2008). "System of Systems Engineering and Family of Systems Engineering from a Standards Perspective", IEEE International Conference on System of Systems Engineering 2008 (SoSE '08), June 2008, Singapore, pp 1-6.
- Fernandez, J.F. and Marquez, A.C. (2009). "Framework for Implementation of Maintenance Management in Distribution Network Service Providers", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol 94, pp 1639-1649. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2009.04.003
- Hassanain, M.A., Froese, T.M. and Vanier, D.J. (2003). "Framework Model for Asset Maintenance Management", Journal of Performance of Constructed Facilities, Vol 17, No 1, pp 51-64. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0887-3828(2003)17:1(51)
- Jardine, A., Lin, D. and Banjevic, D. (2006). "A Review on Machinery Diagnostics and Prognostics Implementing Condition- Based Maintenance. Mechanical Systems and Signal Process", Vol 20, No 7, pp 1483-1510. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2005.09.012
- Jun, H.B., Shin, J.H. and Kiritsis, D. (2007). Xirouchakis, P., "System Architecture for Closed-Loop PLM", International Jorunal of Computer integrated Manufacturing, Vol 20, No 7, pp 684-698. https://doi.org/10.1080/09511920701566624
- Iung, B., Levrat, E., Marquez, A.C. and Erbe, H. (2009). "Conceptual Framework for e-Maintenance: Illustration by E-Maintenance Technologies and Platforms", Annual Reviews in Control", Vol 33, No 2, pp 220-229. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.arcontrol.2009.05.005
- Kiritsis, D. (2004). "Ubiquitous Product Lifecycle Management Using Product Embedded Information Devices", paper presented at Intelligent Maintenance System (IMS) 2004 International Conference, Arles, 15-17 July.
- Lebold, M. and Thurston, M. (2001). "Open Standards for Condition-Based Maintenance and Prognostic Systems", Proceeding of MARCON - fifth annual maintenance and reliability conference, Gatlin-burg, USA.
- Lee, J.H., Jeon, J.I., Son, G.J. and Han E.J. (2011). "Product Asset Lifecycle Management System Supported by Product Embedded Information", SNAME 2011 Annual Meeting and ship production Symposium, Houston, Texas, pp 533-540.
- Lee, J.H., Kim, S.H. and Lee, K. (2012). "Integration of evolutional BOMs for design of ship outfitting equipment", Computer-Aided Design, Vol 44, No 3, pp 253-273. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2011.07.009
- Lin, S., Gao, J., Koronios, A. and Chanana, V. (2007). "Developing a Data Quality Framework for Asset Management in Engineering Organisations", International Journal of Information Quality, Vol 1, No 1, pp 100-126. https://doi.org/10.1504/IJIQ.2007.013378
- Mohamed, Z.O., Ajith, K.P. and Duncan, M. (2008). "Towards an Approach to Select an asset Information Management Strategy", International Journal of Computer Science and Applications, Vol 5, No 3, pp 25-44.
- Muller, A., Marques, A.C. and Iung, B. (2008). "On the Concept of E-Maintenance Review and Current Research", Reliability Engineering and System Safety, Vol 93, pp 1165-1187. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ress.2007.08.006
- Ong, S.K., Yuan, M.L. and Nee, A.Y.C. (2008). "Augmented Reality Applications in Manufacturing : a Survey", International Journal of Production Research, Vol 46, No 10, pp 2707-2742. https://doi.org/10.1080/00207540601064773
- Popko, E.S. and Luyer, E. M. (2008). "IBM Maximo asset management with PLM combined".
- Przekop, L.A. and Kerr, S. (2004). "Life Cycle Tools for Future Product Sustainability", The IEEE International Symposium on Electronics and the Environment 2004, pp 23-26.
- Sakamura, K. (1996). "The TRON Project", Information and Software Technology, Vol 38, No 3, pp 239-251. https://doi.org/10.1016/0950-5849(95)01083-1
- SAP (2007). "SAP Enterprise Asset Management".
- Schuman, C.A. and Brent, A.C. (2005). "Asset Life Cycle Management: Towards Improving Physical Asset Performance in The Process Industry", International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol 25, No 6, pp 566-579. https://doi.org/10.1108/01443570510599728
- Shang, S. and Seddon, P.B. (2002). "Assessing and Managing the Benefits of Enterprise Systems: the Business Manager's Perspective", Information Systems Journal, Vol 12, pp 271-99. https://doi.org/10.1046/j.1365-2575.2002.00132.x
- Shu, Q, Wang, C. (2007). "A Conceptual Framework for Product Lifecycle Modeling", Enterpriser Information Systems, Vol 1, No 3, pp 353-363. https://doi.org/10.1080/17517570701515233
- Sudarsan, R., Fenves, S.J., Sriram, R.D. and Wang, F. (2005). "A Product Information Modeling Framework for Product Lifecycle Management", Computer-Aided Design, Vol 37, No 13, pp 1399-1411. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cad.2005.02.010
- Wellner, P., Mackay, W. and Gold, R. (1993). "Computer- Augmented Environments: Back to the Real World", Communication of ACM, Vol 36, No 7, pp 24-25.
- Xu, X.S., Fang, S.L. and Gu, X.J. (2006). "A framework for product lifecycle management system", 2006 International Conference on Management Science and Engineering (ICMSE '06), pp 526-530.
- Xu, X.W. and Liu, T. (2003). "A Web-Enabled PDM System in a Collaborative Design Environment", Robotics and Computer Integrated Manufacturing, Vol 19, pp 315-328. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0736-5845(02)00082-0
- Yang, X., Moore, P., Pu, J.S. and Wong, C.B., Pu, J.S. and Chong, S.K. (2007). "Product Lifecycle Information Acquisition and Management for Consumer Products", Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol 107, No 7, pp 936-953. https://doi.org/10.1108/02635570710816685
- Yang, X., Moore, P. and Chong, S.K. (2009). "Intelligent Products: From Lifecycle Data Acquisition to Enabling Product- Related Services", Computers in Industry, Vol 60, No 3, pp 184-194. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compind.2008.12.009
Grant : 지능형 Data Interaction 정보를 가진 확장형 선박 PALM 시스템, 산업전략 기술 프로그램 중 선박 및 해양 플랜트의 운영단계 생애주기 관리 시스템 개발
Supported by : 지식경제부