- Volume 61 Issue 5
Novel 8/10 bearingless switched reluctance motor, which can control rotor radial positions with magnetic force, is proposed. The motor has combined characteristics of switched reluctance motor and magnetic bearing. This paper proposes a air-gap control system method of suspending force control in a bearingless switched reluctance motor (BLSRM). The proposed radial force control scheme is independent to the torque winding current. A PI direct current control (DCC) controller and look-up table are used to maintain a constant rotor air-gap. From the analysis and the experimental results, it is shown that the proposed strategy is effective in realizing a naturally decoupled radial force control of BLSRM.
Supported by : National Research Foundation of Korea (NRF)
- F. Lin and S. Yang,"Self-bearing Control of a Switched Reluctance Motor Using Sinusoidal Currents," IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, Nov. 2007: 2518-2526.
- W. Liu and S. Yang, "Modeling and Control of a Self-bearing Switched Reluctance Motor," in Proc 14th IAS Annual Meeting, Hong Kong, 2005: 2720-2725.
- Barnes M and Pollock C,"Power Electronic Converters for Switched Reluctance Drives," IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, 1998, 13(6): 1100-1111. https://doi.org/10.1109/63.728337
- L.Chen and W.Hofman,"Performance Characteristics of One Novel Switched Reluctance Bearingless Motor Drive" in Power Conversion Conference 2007 (PCC'07), Nagoya, 2007:608-613.
- H. J. Wang, D. H. Lee and J. W. Ahn, "Novel Bearingless Switched Reluctance Motor with Hybrid Stator Poles: Concept, Analysis, Design and Experimental Verification," The Eleventh International Conference on Electrica Machines and Systems, 2008: 3358-3363.
- L.Chen and W.Hofman,"Performance Characteristics of One Novel Switched Reluctance BearinglessMotor Drive," in Power Conversion Conference 2007 (PCC '07), Nagoya, 2007:608-613.
- Carlos R.Morrison.Bearingless Switched Reluctance Motor. U.S. Patent 6,727,618, 2004
- Neil R.Garrigan, Wen L.Soong, Charles M.Stephens, et al,"Radial Force Characteristics of a Switched Reluctance Machine," IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, Phoenix, Oct. 1999:2250-2258.
- Ye Shuang, Deng Zhiquanand Yan Yangguang, "New Formulae Based on Fourier Extension for Bearingless Switched Reluctance Motors," Proceedings of the 8th international symposium on magnetic bearings (ISMB-8), Mito, Japan, Aug. 26-28, 2002: 53-58.