- Volume 61 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Assessment of Insulation Deterioration in Stator Windings of High Voltage Motor
고압전동기 고정자 권선의 절연열화 평가
- Received : 2012.03.05
- Accepted : 2012.03.23
- Published : 2012.05.01
To assess the insulation deterioration of stator windings, diagnostic and AC breakdown tests were performed on the eleven high voltage (HV) motors rated at 6kV. After completing the diagnostic tests, the AC overvoltage test was performed by gradually increasing the voltage applied to the stator windings until electrical insulation failure occurred, to obtain the breakdown voltage. Stator winding of motors 1, 3, and 8 failed at above rated voltage at 14 kV, 13.8kV, and 16.4kV, respectively. The breakdown voltage of three motors was higher than expected for good quality windings in 6kV motors. Based on deterioration evaluation criteria, the stator winding insulation of eleven HV motors are confirmed to be in good condition. The turning point of the current,
Supported by : Korea Institute of Energy Technology Evaluation and Planning(KETEP)
- I.M. Culbert, H. Dhirani and G.C. Stone, Handbook to Assess the Insulation Condition of Large Rotating Machines, (EPRI,EL-5036,1989).
- G.C. Stone and J.Kapler, "Stator Winding Monitoring", IEEE Industry Applications Magazine, pp. 15-20, 1998.
- H. Yoshida and U. Umemoto, "Insulation Diagnosis for Rotating Machine Insulation", IEEE Trans. on Electrical Insulation, Vol. EI-21, No. 6, pp. 1021-1025, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1109/TEI.1986.349018
- B.K. Gupta and I.M. Culbert, "Assessment of Insulation Condition in Rotating Machine Stators", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 7, No.3, pp. 500-508, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.148572
- IEEE Standard 43-2000, "IEEE Recommended Practice for Testing Insulation Resistance of Rotating Machinery"
- Hee-Dong Kim, "Judgement Criterion of Insulation Deterioration in 4.16kV and 6.6kV Motor Stator Windings", Trans. KIEE. Vol. 58, No. 4, pp. 788-794, 2009.
- K. Kimura and Y. Kaneda, "The Role of Microscopic Defects in Multistress Aging of Micaceous Insulation", IEEE Trans. on Dielectrics and Electrical Insulation, Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 426-432, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1109/94.395419
- H.G. Sedding, R. Schwabe, D. Levin, J. Stein and B.K. Gupta, "The Role of AC & DC Hipot Testing in Stator Winding Aging", IEEE EIC/EMCW Conference, pp. 455-457, 2003.
- J.H. Dymond, N. Stranges, K. Younsi, and J.E. Hayward, "Stator Windings Failures: Contamination, Surface Discharge, Tracking", IEEE Trans. on Industry Applications, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp. 577-582, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/28.993182
- J.E. Timperley and J.R. Michalec, "Estimating the Remaining Service Life of Asphalt-Mica Stator Insulation", IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion, Vol. 9, No.4, pp. 686-693, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1109/60.368340
- Estimation of Insulation Diagnosis and Dielectric Strength in 6.6 kV Motor Stator Windings vol.63, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2014.63.6.780