- Volume 61 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Warhead Tracking Filter for FMCW Seekers with Anti-Ballistic Missile Capability
대탄도탄 FMCW 탐색기를 위한 탄두부 추적 필터 설계
- 한슬기 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 나원상 (한동대학교 기계제어공학부) ;
- 박진배 (연세대학교 전기전자공학과) ;
- 홍영곤 (LIG NeX1 ISR 연구센터) ;
- 박성호 (LIG NeX1 ISR 연구센터) ;
- 선웅 (LIG NeX1 ISR 연구센터)
- Received : 2012.02.07
- Accepted : 2012.04.23
- Published : 2012.05.01
In this paper, a practical warhead tracking filter is proposed for developing a FMCW (Frequency Modulation Continuous Wave) seeker with anti-ballistic missile capability. For reliable warhead tracking, the measurement originated from the warhead section of a ballistic target should be separated from other measurements. Futhermore, since the FMCW seeker is based on triangular frequency modulation, the multiple measurements obtained in different chirp periods should be properly associated. As a systematic way to solve the problem, the measurement pairing problem under cluttered environment is reformulated as a data association filtering problem and the PDA (Probabilistic Data Association) scheme is applied. The proposed warhead tracking filter provides better warhead tracking performance compared to the conventional range tracking algorithm and nearest neighbor warhead tracking filter. The effectiveness and reliability of the proposed method are verified using the FMCW seeker simulator.
Supported by : LIG NeX1 감시정찰연구소
- S. Josef, "On the feasibility of "hit-to-kill" in the interception of maneuvering targets", Proc. American Control Conference, pp.3358-3363, 2001.
- J. Shinar and V. Turetsky, "Meeting the challenges of modern interceptor guidance by non-conventional approaches", Med. Conf. Control and Automation, pp.1563-1568, 2009.
- D. Emeliyanov, E. Rubinovich, and B. Miller, "Information set-based guidance algorithm against a decelerating maneuvering target", IEEE Trans. Aerospace and Electronics Systems, pp.65-74, 2005.
- D.E. Mosher, "The grand plans", IEEE Spectrum, pp.28-39, 1997.
- C.M. Johnson, "Ballistic missile defense radars", IEEE Spectrum, pp.32-41,1970.
- G.N. Lewis, and T.A. Postol, "Future challenges to ballistic missile defense", IEEE Spectrum, pp.60-68, 1997.
- G.W. Stimson, Introduction to Airborne Radar, SCITECH PUBLISHING, INC., 1998.
- Y. Bar-shalom and E. Tse, "Tracking in a cluttered environment with probabilistic data association," Automatica, vol.11, no.5, pp.451-460, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1016/0005-1098(75)90021-7
- S. Blackman and R. Popoli, Design and Analysis of Modern Tracking Systems, Norwood, MA:Artech House, 1999.
- T. Kirubarajan and Y. Bar-shalom, "Probabilistic data association techniques for target tracking in clutter," Proceedings of the IEEE, vol.92, no.3, pp.536-557, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1109/JPROC.2003.823149
- Y. Bar-shalom, F. Daum, and J. Huang, "The Probabilistic Data Association Filter," IEEE Control Systems, vol. 29, no. 6, pp. 82-100, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCS.2009.934469
- S.S. Blackman, Multiple-target tracking with radar application, ARTECH HOUSE, INC., 1986.
- O. Gerad, S. Coraluppi, C. Carthel, and D. Grimmett, "Benchmark analysis of NURC multistatic tracking capability", NURC-PR-2006-009
- X. Rong Li, and Y. Bar-shalom, "Tracking in clutter with nearest neighbor filters: analysis and performance," IEEE Trans. on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 32, no. 3, pp. 995-1010, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1109/7.532259