- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Experimental study on the cable rigidness and static behaviors of AERORail structure
- Li, Fangyuan (Department of Bridge Engineering, Tongji University) ;
- Wu, Peifeng (Department of Bridge Engineering, Tongji University) ;
- Liu, Dongjie (Guangdong Highway Design Institute Co., Ltd.)
- Received : 2011.12.04
- Accepted : 2012.03.25
- Published : 2012.05.25
This paper presented a new aerial platform-AERORail for rail transport and its structure evolution based on the elastic stiffness of cable; through the analysis on the cable properties when the cable supported a small service load with high-tensile force, summarized the theoretical basis of the AERORail structure and the corresponding simplified analysis model. There were 60 groups of experiments for a single naked cable model under different tensile forces and different services loads, and 48 groups of experiments for the cable with rail combined structure model. The experimental results of deflection characteristics were compared with the theoretical values for these two types of structures under the same conditions. It proved that the results almost met the classical cable theory. The reason is that a small deflection was required when this structure was applied. After the tension increments tests with moving load, it is verified that the relationships between the structure stiffness and tension force and service load are simple. Before further research and applications are made, these results are necessary for the determination of the reasonable and economic tensile force, allowable service load for the special span length for this new platform.
Supported by : National Natural Science Foundation of China
- Angelov, M. (2011), "kolelinia", from http://kolelinia.com/kolelinia/.
- Barnett, G. (2010.9), from http://www.shweeb.co.nz/Shweeb/press-releases_IDL=1_IDT=2185_ID=22666_.html.
- China, M. o. T. o. t. P. s. R. o. (2004), Code for Design of Highway Reinforced Concrete and Prestressed Concrete Bridges and Culverts. Beijing, China communication press. JTJ023-85/JTGD62-2004.
- Fried, I. (1982), "Large deformation static and dynamic finite element analysis of extensible cables", Comput. Struct., 15(3), 315-319. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(82)90022-0
- Gambhir, M.L. and Batchelor, B.A. (1977), "Finite element for 3-D pre-stressed cable nets", Int. J. Numer. Meth. Eng., (11), 1699-1718.
- Gimsing, N.J. (1997), Cable supported bridges. Chichester, John Wiley.
- Han, W.L. (2011), "Comparative Analysis on Main Technical Standards for Bridges on Chinese and Japanese High Speed Railways", Railway Standard Design, (4), 68-72.
- Irvine, H.M. (1981), Cable structures. Combridge, The MIT Press.
- Jayaraman, H.B. and Knudson, W.C. (1981), "A curved element for the analysis of cable structures", Comput. Struct., 14(3-4), 325-333. https://doi.org/10.1016/0045-7949(81)90016-X
- Jerry, S. and Rich, K. (2011.10), "Compendium of Next Generation Surface Transportation Alternatives - 15th Year", from http://faculty.washington.edu/jbs/itrans/.
- Jiri, S. (2005), Stress Ribbon and Cable-Supported Pedestrian Bridges. London, UK, Thomas Telford Ltd.
- Jiri, S. (2010), Sress ribbon & arch pedestrian bridges. 6th International Conference on Arch Bridges. Fuzhou, China.
- Knudson, W.C. (1971), Static and dynamic analysis of cable net structures. Berkeley, University of California at Berkeley.
- Li, F.Y., Liu, D.J. et al. (2010), Structure form of pretension string rail structure and application prospect. Structures and Architecture. P. J. S. Cruz. Guimaraes, Portugal, CRC Press: 427-428.
- Li, F.Y., Zhang, Y. et al. (2011), Application of Virtual Prototyping Technology in Vehicle-bridge Coupling Dynamic Anslysis. The International Conference on Remote Sensing, Environment and Transportation Engineering. X. Sh.J. Nanjing, China, IEEE Press: 88-391.
- Liu, B.C. and Qu, B.N. (1994), "A New Idea of the Suspending Cable Cable Structure Design and the Design of the Inverse Tesnsion Cable Bridge", Journal of Kunming University of Science and Technology (Natural Science Edition), (4), 83-89.
- Raoof, M. and Davies, T.J. (2004), "Determination of the bending stiffness for a spiral strand", J. Strain Analy. Eng. Design, 39(1), 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1177/030932470403900101
- Raoof, M. and Davies, T.J. (2004), "Influence of variations in the axial stiffness of steel cables on vertical deflections of cable trusses", J. Constr. Steel Res., 60(3-5), 411-420. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0143-974X(03)00120-2
- Shen, R.L., Zhang, D.S. and Shen, Z. (2004), "The mechanical properties of the suspension cable structure in aerobus transit system", China Civil Eng. J., 37(4), 13-18.
- Tanaka, T., Yoshimura, T., Gimsingb, N.J., Mizutaa, Y., Kangc, W.-H., Sudod, M., Shinoharae, T. and Harada, T. (2002), "A study on improving the design of hybrid stress-ribbon bridges and their aerodynamic stability", J. Wind Eng. Ind. Aerodynamics, 90(12-15), 1995-2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0167-6105(02)00316-1
- Unitsky, A.E. (2004), "The transport system of the second level - String Transport Unitsky", J. Architecture, Construction and Design, (4), 32-33.
- Unitsky, A.E. (2005), "Optimization of the land transport system", Problems of Mechanical Engineering and Automation, (4), 45-50.
- Wang, Y.J. (2007), "Knowledge highlight of bridge: Suspension bridge and cable-stayed bridge (Part 1)", Transportation Construction & Management, (11), 62-64.
- Xiao, A.Y. (1997), "Behaviour of Cables", Highway, (5), 1-7.
- Dynamic behaviors of pretensioned cable AERORail structure vol.22, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11771-015-2751-z