- Volume 61 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Design of Control Logic for Wind Turbine Simulator having Similarity with 3MW Class Wind Turbine
3MW급 풍력터빈을 모사한 풍력터빈 시뮬레이터 제어로직 설계에 관한 연구
- Received : 2012.03.29
- Accepted : 2012.05.24
- Published : 2012.06.01
As wind power has increased steadily, the importance of a condition monitoring system is being emphasized to maximize the availability and reliability of a wind turbine. To develop the advanced algorithms for fault detection and lifespan estimation, a wind turbine simulator is essential for verification of the proposed algorithms before applying them to a condition diagnosis & integrity prognosis system. The developed new-type simulator in this paper includes blades and various sensors as well as a motor, a gearbox and a generator of which the existing simulators generally consist. It also has similarity with a 3MW class wind turbine and can be used to acquire operational data from various operation conditions. This paper presents a design method of control logic for the wind turbine simulator, which gives a wind generation method and similar dynamic characteristics with the 3MW wind turbine. Finally, the proposed control logic is verified through experiments.
Wind turbine simulator;Control logic;Condition monitoring;Diagnosis;Prognosis
- Z. Hameed, Y.S. Hong, Y.M. Cho, S.H. Ahn and C.K. Song, "Condition monitoring and fault detection of wind turbines and related algorithms: A review," Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews, 13 (2009), pp. 1-39, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2007.05.008
- Yoongyu Son, Jaehak Suh, Seijin Kwon, Sungduck Jang, Jongseok Oh, Jinsu Hwang, Sinil Kang, Gawoo Park, Ojung Kwon, Chinhwa Chung, Kyungseop Han, and Chunghwan Chun, "The results of an inverter system for 750kW gearless wind turbine," spring conference of the Korean Society For New and Renewable Energy, 2005.
- S. J. Kwon, Y. G. Son, S. D. Jang, J. H. Suh, J. S. Oh, Ch. H. Chun, C. W. Chung, K. S. Han1, D. H. Kim and O. J. Kwon,, "A simulator for the development of power conversion system for 2MW wind turbine," EWEC2006, 2006.
- 곽노홍, 전영수, 박상호, 적용호 및 정병창, "풍력발전 시스템 계통영향 평가 기술," 전력전자공학회, vol. 12, No. 1, pp.17-20, 2007.
- Young-Do Choy, Byung-Moon Han, Jun-Young Lee and Gilsoo Jang, "Real-Time Hardware Simulator for Grid-Tied PMSG Wind Power System," Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, vol. 6, No. 3, pp.375-383, 2011. https://doi.org/10.5370/JEET.2011.6.3.375
- IEC 61400-1 Wind turbines - Part 1: Design requirements, 3rd Edition, IEC, 2005.
- B.J. Jonkman, "TurbSim User's Guide: Version 1.50", TP-500-46198, NREL, 2009.
- Joon-Young Park, Jae-Kyung Lee, Ki-Yong Oh, Jun-Shin Lee and Beom-Joo Kim, "Design of Simulator for 3MW Wind Turbine and Its Condition Monitoring System," IMECS2010, pp930-933, Hong Kong, 2010..
- J. Jonkman, S. Butterfield, W. Musial and G. Scott, "Definition of a 5-MW Reference Wind Turbine for Offshore System Development, TP-500-38060, NREL, 2009.
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP