- Volume 61 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Implementation of High-Reliable MVB Network for Safety System of Nuclear Power Plant
원자력발전소 안전계통용 고신뢰성 MVB 네트워크 구현
- Received : 2012.01.20
- Accepted : 2012.05.22
- Published : 2012.06.01
The computer network plays an important role in modern digital controllers within a safety system of a nuclear power plant. For the reliable and realtime data communication between controllers, this paper proposes a modified high-reliable MVB(multi-function vehicle bus) as a main control network for a safety system of a nuclear power plant. The proposed network supports the state-based communication in order to ensure the deterministic communication latency, and very fast network recovery when the bus master fails compare to the standard MVB. This paper also shows the implementation results using a FPGA-based testbed.
Real-time network;Nuclear power plant;Fault-tolerant network;IEC 61375 TCN;MVB (Multifunction Vehicle Bus)
Supported by : 한국에너지기술평가원(KETEP)
- IEC 61375-1 Standard, Train Communication Network, 1999.
- G. G. Preckshot, "Data Communications", NUREG/ CR-6082, 2000.
- IEEE 7-4.3.2 "Standard Criteria for Digital Computers in Safety Systems of Nuclear Power Generating Stations", 2010.
- IEEE 323 "Standard for Qualifying Class 1E Equipment for Nuclear Power Generating Stations", 2003.
- IEEE 344: Recommended Practice for Seismic Qualification of Class 1E Equipment for Nuclear Power Generating Stations, 1993.
- IEEE 352: "IEEE Guide for General Principles of Reliability Analysis of Nuclear Power Generating Station Safety System", 1987.
- H. Kirrmann and P. A. Zuber, "The IEC/IEEE Train Communication Network", IEEE Journal, vol.21, issue:2, pp.81-92, May, 2001.
- J. Jimenez, J. L. Martin, C. Cuadrado, J. Arias and J, Lazaro, "A top-down design for the train communication network", Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology 2003, vol.2, pp.1000-1005, Dec, 2003.
- J. Jimenez, J. L. Martin, A. Zuloaga, U. Bidarte and J. Arias "Comparison of two designs for the multifunction vehicle bus" IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems, vol. 25, pp.797-805, May, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1109/TCAD.2005.855925
- J. C. Moreno, E. Laloya, , J. Navarro, "A Link- Layer Slave Device Design of the MVB-TCN Bus (IEC 61375 and IEEE 1473-T)", IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, vol.56, pp.3457-3468, Nov. 2007. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2007.901900
- Dong-Hoon Kim, Sung-Woo Park, "Deterministic Data Communication Architecture for Safety-Critical Networks in Nuclear Power Plants" Transactions of KIEE, vol.55D, no. 5, pp. 199-258, May, 2006.
- Dong-Hoon Kim, et al, "Development of Design method of Network in Nuclear Power plant", KAERI/TR- 700/96, 1996.
- Voting System Bus Protocol for a Highly-Reliable PLC with Redundant Modules vol.20, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5302/J.ICROS.2014.13.0007
- Programmable Controller with Flexible Redundancy for Safety Functions in a Nuclear Power Plant vol.47, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.3182/20140824-6-ZA-1003.00750