- Volume 61 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Image Enhancement with Rotating Kernel Transformation Filter Generated by Bresenham's Algorithm
브레스넘 알고리즘을 적용한 회전커널변환 필터 생성 및 영상의 화질개선
- Received : 2012.04.21
- Accepted : 2012.05.16
- Published : 2012.06.01
It is quite important to improve the visual acuity of a medical image by suppressing noisy parts and simultaneously keeping the details of signal components to draw the accurate diagnostics. With this aim, we suggest a novel method to generate Rotational Kernel Transformation (RKT) filter mask with applying Bresenham's algorithm and implement an nonlinear filtering algorithm to eliminate noises. As a result, we can find the fact that RKT filter mask can be automatically created and the visual acuity of a corrupted image can be elevated in terms of the signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) with applying the RKT filter.
Rotating kernel transform;Bresenham's algorithm;Noise;Mask;Signal-to-noise ratio
- R. Vanithamani, G. Umamaheswari and M. Ezhilarasi, "Modified Hybrid Median Filter for Effective Speckle Reduction in Ultrasound Images," ICNVS 2010, pp. 166-171, 2010.
- K. Deergha Rao, E.I. Plotkin and M.N.S. Swamy, "An Hybrid Filter for Restoration of Color Images in The Mixed Noise Environment," ICASSP 2002, pp. IV-3680-IV-3683, 2002.
- Victor S. Frost, Josephine Abbott Stiles, K.S. Shanmugam and Julian C. Holtzman, "A Model for Radar Images and its Application to Adaptive Digital Filtering of Multiplicative Noise," IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 157-165, 1982. https://doi.org/10.1109/TPAMI.1982.4767223
- Yim-Kul Lee and William T. Rhodes, "Nonlinear Image Processing by a Rotating Kernel Transformation," Optics Letters, Vol. 15, No. 23, pp. 1383-1385, Dec. 1, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1364/OL.15.001383
- Yim-Kul Lee, "Directional Information Processing Using Optical Rotating Kernel Operations," The Institute of Electronics Engineers of Korea-B, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 176-184, 1993.
- Jadwiga Rogowaska and Mark E. Breziniski, "Evaluation of the Adaptive Speckle Suppression Filter for Coronary Optional Coherence Tomography Imaging," IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, Vol. 19, No. 112, pp. 1261-1266, 2000. https://doi.org/10.1109/42.897820
- Seung-Won Shin, Kyeong-Seop Kim, Jae-Cheon Kim, Chul-Gyu Song, "Suppressing Speckle Noises in an Image by Rotational Kernel Transformation," ICS 2010, pp.167-168, 2010.
- Edward Angel, Interactive Computer Graphics, Addison Wesley, 1997.
- Lindsay W. MacDonald and M. Ronnier Luo, Colour Image Science: Exploiting Digital Media, JOHN WILEY & SONS, LTD, 2002.
Supported by : 한국연구재단