- Volume 61 Issue 6
DOI QR Code
Structural and Physical Properties of Sealant Paste Prepared by Silica/Polymer Composites
실리카/고분자 복합체를 이용한 실란트 페이스트의 구조 및 물리적 특성
- Received : 2012.04.26
- Accepted : 2012.05.24
- Published : 2012.06.01
Sealant paste with silica immersed in cross-linked epoxy-acrylate polymer resin was prepared by thermal and UV curing process. The curing mechanism of polymer resin resulted from 2 functional groups of epoxy and acrylic structure. The properties of microstructure, thermal conductivity and mechanical strength were investigated for its various applications. The adhesion strength is increased by increasing the thermal curing time until 15 minutes, and curing efficiency is saturated over 20 minutes. The increase rate per day of pot life and viscosity is 4.8%, indicating it has excellent storage stability. It is found that the formulation of silica pastes can be applied to heavy industries, building materials, display and various industries.
Silica composites;Epoxy-acrylate;Cross-linking;Pot life;UV curing
- Y.J. Moon, J.Y. Choi, B.A. Kim, C.K. Moon "Effect of TiO2 Nanoparticle on the Mechanical and Thermal Properties of Epoxy Resin Composites" The Korean Society for Power System Engineering Vol. 14 No. 4 pp.68-75, 2010.
- Yasuhiro Morii, Shin Tanaka, Fumio Matsukawa, and Kazuyoshi Teramoto " A Study on UV-Curable Adhesive Sealant for LCD Panel" Electronics and Communications in Japan, Vol.83, No.5 pp.21-26, 2000.
- S.H. Lee, K.W Koo " Properties of Epoxy Based Nanocomposites and their Application to High Efficiency Electric Materials" The Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers, Vol.60, No.1 pp.45-47, 2011 https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEEP.2011.60.1.045
- E.S. Yoon, G.Y. Lee, D.S. Kim "Cure Kinetics and Chemorheology of a Silica Filled Epoxy System" Journal of Polymer(Korea), Vol. 21, No. 6, pp.966-972, 1997.
- S.M. Choi, E.K. Lee, S.Y. Choi, "Effects of silane-treated Silica on the Cure Temperature and Mechanical Properties of Elastomeric Epoxy" Elastomer, Vol. 43, No. 3, pp.147-156, 2008.
- F. Burel, L. Lecamp, B. Youssef, C. Bunel and J-M. Saiter, "Synthesis and photoinitiated polymerization of a new urethane acrylate monomer: influence of polymerization temperature", Thermochimica Acta, Vol.326, pp.133-141, 1999 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0040-6031(98)00587-5
- J.W ong and H.W. Lee, "Photo-DSC Studies of UV-Curable Hybrid Coating Systems", Journal of Korean Industry and Engineering Chemistry, Vol.5, No.5, pp.857-861, 1994.
- 도현성, 김대준, 김현중, "UV 경화형 소재의 응용" 접착 및 계면, 제4권, 제3호, 2003.
- M.S. Heise and G.C. Martin, "Curing Mechanism and Thermal Properties of Epoxy-Imidazole Systems", Macromolecules, Vol. 22, pp.99-104, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00191a020
- S. Oprea, S. Vlad and A. Stanciu, "Poly(urethanemethacrylate) s. Synthesis and characterization", Polymer, Vol.42, pp.7257-7266, 2001 https://doi.org/10.1016/S0032-3861(01)00206-3
- A Study on Properties of Thermal Insulation Board Prepared by Porous Silica Aerogel vol.61, pp.9, 2012, https://doi.org/10.5370/KIEE.2012.61.9.1362