- Volume 15 Issue 5
Robots have been attracting students' interest recently. Therefore, they are a good way to motivate to study related subjects. However, there are difficulties in teaching general students because a wide background is required to understand the fundamentals of robotics. In order to teach robotics fundamentals to beginners in a short period, an effective experimental class, including several phased experiments, is proposed in this paper. A portable two-DOF robot arm system with servo motors was developed for experiments, and the operation method based on kinematics was introduced for its operation. The effectiveness of the class was investigated by using a questionnaire after carrying it out in a university class for junior students.
Robotics education;Experimental class;Robot arm;Robot programming
- Hsiu, T., et al. (2003). Designing a low-cost, expressive educational robot, Proceedings of IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pp.2404-2409.
- Solis, J. & Takanishi, A. (2009). Introduction of mechatronics for undergraduate students based on robotic platforms for education purposes, Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Symposium on Robot and Human Interactive Communication; Ro-Man.
- Cho, J. (2007). A Plan to Activate the Engineering Education through the Korea Robot Aircraft Competition in Korea, JSEE annual conference international session proceedings, pp. 28-31.
- Best Technology Co., http://www.besttechonology.co.jp
- Craig, J. (2005) Introduction to robotics: Mechanics and control, Pearson Prentice Hall.
Supported by : JSPS