- Volume 15 Issue 5
An Efficient Engineering Design Education Framework in Information Network Engineering
- Lee, Sang-Gon (Division of Computer & Information Engineering, Dongseo University) ;
- Koh, Kyeong-Uk (Division of Design, Dongseo University)
- Received : 2011.10.04
- Accepted : 2012.09.10
- Published : 2012.09.30
Design factors such as design objects establishment, analysis, synthesis, production, test and evaluation should be educated in a systematic way. Also design ability to reflect practical restrictive conditions such as industrial standards, economic feasibility, environmental impact, aesthetics, safety and reliability, ethical impacts and social impacts should be cultivated. In this paper, we explain the meaning of these terms and propose a systematic engineering design education framework satisfying Korean engineering education accreditation criteria. We also present a simple implementation in information network engineering.
Supported by : Dongseo University
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_function_deployment (accessed on 28th July, 2011).
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockup (accessed on 28th July, 2011).
- Eskild Tjalve, A Short Course in Industrial Design, Newnes- Butterworths, 1979.
- EU Ecodesign Directive: http://ec.europa.eu/enterprise/ policies/sustainable-business/ecodesign/index_en.htm (accessed on 28th July, 2011).
- Ryang In-Mok(2009), Green Ocean, Tornado, p.65
- Ethical impacts of ipod on society: http://clearlyexplained.com/answers/ipodethics.html (accessed on 28th July, 2011).
- ABEEK accreditation status URL: http://www.abeek.or.kr/htmls_kr/contents.jsp?menu_l=4&menu_m=24.
- EAC 2550 URL: http://www.abeek.or.kr/download?path= board&file=KEC2005 공학인증기준_2011년 적용.pdf (accessed on 28th July, 2011).
- Lim Yeon-ung(1992) research on Design Metholgy, Mijinsa, Chapter 2.
- Edward Lumsdaine, Monika Lumsdaine, J. William Shelnutt, Creative Problem solving and Engineering Design, McGraw- Hill, 1999.