- Volume 15 Issue 5
The 3 Dimensional Triangulation Scheme based on the Space Segmentation in WPAN
- Lee, Dong Myung (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Tongmyong University) ;
- Lee, Ho Chul (Dept. of Computer Engineering, Tongmyong University)
- Received : 2011.10.04
- Accepted : 2012.09.10
- Published : 2012.09.30
Most of ubiquitous computing devices such as stereo camera, ultrasonic sensor based MIT cricket system and other wireless sensor network devices are widely applied to the 2 Dimensional(2D) localization system in today. Because stereo camera cannot estimate the optimal location between moving node and beacon node in Wireless Personal Area Network(WPAN) under Non Line Of Sight(NLOS) environment, it is a great weakness point to the design of the 2D localization system in indoor environment. But the conventional 2D triangulation scheme that is adapted to the MIT cricket system cannot estimate the 3 Dimensional(3D) coordinate values for estimation of the optimal location of the moving node generally. Therefore, the 3D triangulation scheme based on the space segmentation in WPAN is suggested in this paper. The measuring data in the suggested scheme by computer simulation is compared with that of the geographic measuring data in the AutoCAD software system. The average error of coordinates values(x,y,z) of the moving node is calculated to 0.008m by the suggested scheme. From the results, it can be seen that the location correctness of the suggested scheme is very excellent for using the localization system in WPAN.
WPAN;3D Triangulation Scheme;3D Localization;Simultaneous Equation;Beacon Nodes;IEEE 802.15.4a
- J. M .Mart in Abreu, "Measuring the 3D-position of a Walking Vehicle using Ultrasonic and Electromagnetic Waves Sensors and Actuators," Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, 75(2): 131-138, May 1999. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0924-4247(98)00378-1
- Ho Chul Lee and Dong Myung Lee, "A Study on Localization System using 3D Triangulation Algorithm based on Dynamic Allocation of Beacon Node," The Journal of Korea Information and Communication Society (KICS), 36(4): 378-385, April 2011. https://doi.org/10.7840/KICS.2011.36B.4.378
- Ho Chul Lee and Dong Myung Lee, "A Design and Performance Analysis of Spatial Localization Algorithm in WPAN," Proceedings of 2011 Summer Conference on Korea Information and Communications Society (KICS) 45: 533, June 2011.
- Ho Cheol Lee, "3-Dimensional Localization System using Statistical Characteristics of SDS-TWR," M.S. Thesis, Dept. of Computer Media Engineering, The Graduate School, Tongmyong University, June 2011.
- Dong Myung Lee and Ho Cheol Lee, "3D Triangulation Scheme based on Simultaneous Equation in Wireless Personal Area Network," Proceedings of Asian Conference on Engineering Education 2011(ACEE 2011), The University of Tokushima, pp.TS6-2:1-TS6-2:4, 8-9(8) October 2011.
- IEEE 802.15.4a, "Part 15.4 : Wireless medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) specifications for low-rate wireless personal area network (LR-WPANs)," Draft P802.15.4a/D7, January 2007.
- Rick Roberts, "TDOA Localization Techniques," Harris Corporation, IEEE P802.15 Working Group, October 2004.