- Volume 15 Issue 5
A Relationship Analysis between Admission Type and Dropout of Engineering University Students
공학전공대학생의 입학전형과 중도탈락의 상관관계 분석
- Park, Seung-Chul (School of Computer Science and Engineering, Korea University of Technology and Education)
- 박승철 (한국기술교육대학교 컴퓨터공학부)
- Received : 2012.06.18
- Accepted : 2012.08.07
- Published : 2012.09.30
As the dropout rate of university students is gradually increasing, the studies on exploring the status, characteristics, reasons, and countermeasures of dropout of university students are currently grabbing high attention. This paper analyzes the relationship between the admission types and dropout of university students, mainly focused on engineering students. The analysis shows that the dropout rate of engineering students admitted through the scheduled-time admission procedures is quite higher than that of students admitted through non-scheduled-time admission procedures, the dropout rate of engineering students admitted from the vocational high schools is higher than that of students from the academic high schools, and the dropout rate of engineering students admitted from the liberal art high school tracks is higher than that of students from the natural science high school tracks. From the results, we could find out that student-support programs need to be carefully provided for the engineering university students according to their admission types and underlying backgrounds.
Dropout;Engineering Education;Admission Type;Student-support Program
Supported by : 한국기술교육대학교
- 대학알리미(2012). www.academyinfo.go.kr.
- 김용남(2009). 대학생의 학업중단 요인 분석. 충남대학교 대학원 박사학위논문.
- 이병식(2003). 대학생의 학업중단에 영향을 미치는 대학 기관 특성의 탐색적 분석. 교육학연구, 41(2): 135-154.
- 오영재(2005). 대학간 학생이동의 영향요인에 관한 실증적 연구. 교육행정학연구, 23(1): 327-356.
- 김수연(2006). 대학생의 학업지속과 중도탈락 요인 분석. 한국 교육, 33(4): 33-62.
- 강승호(2010). 대학생의 학업성취와 중도탈락 생각에 미치는 변인 분석. 교육평가연구, 23(1): 29-53.
- 김효은 ․ 김기원(2011). 대학생의 중도탈락에 미치는 교우관계의 영향력과 학교적응의 매개효과. 패션비즈니스, 15(4): 87-109.
- 한국공학교육인증원(2010). 공학인증기준 2000(KEC2000). ABEEK-2006-AB-011.
- Ferguson, J. M., Winsner, R. E, Discenza, R.(1986). Developing a Framework for Student Retension: A Challenges to Traditional Enrollment Approaches. NASPA Journal, 24(2): 2-9.
- Tinto, V.(1988). Stages of Student Departure: Reflections on The Longitudinal Character of Student Leaving. Journal of Higher Education, 59(4): 438-455. https://doi.org/10.2307/1981920
- Price, L. A.(1993). Characteristics of Early Student Dropouts at Allegany Community College and Recommendations for Early Intervention. Cumberland, MD: Allegany Community College.