- Volume 15 Issue 5
A Study on the Development and Application of Rubrics for Performance Assessment in Terms of Promoting Program Learning Outcomes
학습성과 수행평가를 위한 루브릭 개발과 적용에 관한 연구
- Shin, Minhee (Innovation Center for Engineering Education, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- 신민희 (서울과학기술대학교 공학교육혁신센터)
- Received : 2011.06.09
- Accepted : 2012.09.24
- Published : 2012.09.30
The purpose of this study was to provide analytic rubrics for measuring teamwork(PO6), communication and presentation skills(PO7), and life-long learning(PO8) based on theoretical concepts of performance assessment and rubrics. Also, this study analyzed data about performance assessment and rubics from courses offered through college of engineering. Participants were 34 senior engineering students who took the course 'Technical writing and presentation'. In the second week of the course, students were given the pre-test instrument which was developed for measuring students' understanding of program outcomes for this study. After performing project activities using rubrics, students were encouraged to complete the post-test instrument and the reaction questionnaire during the ninth week. The data were analyzed by using SPSS 14.0 and Microsoft Excel. The research findings are as follows. First, to promote and evaluate program learning outcomes appropriately, performance assessment-based on rubircs should be implemented. Second, in the reaction questionnaire about the rubircs, students answered that using rubircs for performing the project was very useful for understanding the performance procedures and assessment criteria. Third, the mean of understanding of program outcomes of students in post-test was significantly increased than in the pre-test(p<.0001). From the findings, performance assessment and rubrics should be used as evaluation tools at course levels in terms of promoting program learning outcomes for engineering education.
- Green, K. A. (2001). Correlation of factors related to writing behaviors and student-developed rubrics on writing performance and pedagogy in ninth grade students. Doctoral dissertation. University of Southern California.
- Huba, M. E., & Freed, J. E. (2000). Learner-centered assessment on college campuses: Shifting the focus from teaching to learning. Boston: Allyan & Bacon.
- Johnson, D. W., Johnson, R. T.(1991). Learning together and a alone : Cooperation, competition, an individualization (3rd Ed). Engelwood Cliff, NJ : Prentice Hall
- MacElvee, C. R. (2002). The relationship between the application of scoring rubrics and writing performance. Doctoral dissertation. University of Arizona.
- Nolet, V., & McLaughlin, M. J. (2000). Assessing the general curriculum: Including students with disabilities in standards-based reform. Thiusand, CA: Corwin Press.
- Pintrich, P. R., & De Groot, E. V.(1990). Motivational and self-regulated learning components of classroom academic performance. Journal of Educational Psychology, 82: 33-40.
- Popham, W. J. (1995). Classroom assessment: What teachers need to know. Needham Heights, MA: Allyn and Bacon.
- Reigeluth (1983) Instructional design theories and models: An overview of their current status. Hillsdale, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates.
- Saban, A. (1994). Cooperative Learning : A Critical Analysis of Group Investigation Model. Reading Improvement. 31(3): 186-192.
- Stix (1996) Creating rubrics through megotiable contraction. Paper presented at the Annual Conference of National Middle School Association. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service NO. ED415139)
- Wiggins, G. (1995). What is a rubric? A dialogue on design and use. In R. E. Blum, & J. A. Arter (Eds), A Handbook for student performance assessment in an era of restructuring (pp. VI-5: 1-13). Alexandra, Virginia: ASCD.
- Wiggins, G. (1998). Educative assessment. Designing assessments to inform and improve student performance. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass Inc., Publishers.
- Zimmerman, B. J. (1990). Self-regulated learning and academic achievement: An overview. Educational Psychologist, 25: 3-17. https://doi.org/10.1207/s15326985ep2501_2
- 배호순 (2000). 수행평가의 이론적 기초. 서울: 학지사.
- 백순근 (1999). 수행평가 이론과 실제. 서울: 원미사.
- 범선화 (2007) 중학교 가정교과 수행평가를 위한 루브릭(Rubric) 개발. 한국교원대학교 대학원 석사학위논문.
- 신민희 (2009a). 공과대학 학생들의 자기조절 학습능력 수준에 관한 연구. 공학교육연구, 12(4): 84-92
- 신민희 (2009b). 소프트 스킬 학습 성과 평가체계와 루브릭 개발에 관한 연구. 공학교육학술대회 발표 논문: 391-394. 라마다프라자 제주 호텔.
- 신민희 (2010). 소프트 스킬 학습 성과 측정을 위한 평가도구 및 루브릭 개발에 관한 연구. 공학교육학술대회 발표 논문: 51-54. 제주도 서귀포시 신라호텔.
- 윤진향 (2006). 공업계고등학교 '전감산기' 수행평가에서 학생 참여 루브릭이 학습동기와 학업성취에 미치는 영향. 석사학위 논문, 한국교원대학교.
- 윤현진 (2005) 국민공통기본교육과정 교과별 평가도구 개발 및 적용연구IV. 한국교육과정평가원.
- 이석재 외 (2003). 생애능력 측정도구 개발연구 : 의사소통능력, 문제해결능력, 자기 주도적 학습능력을 중심으로. 한국교육개발원.
- 이재희 (2006). 학습자 중심 루브릭을 적용한 수행평가가 학업성취도와 학습동기에 미치는 영향. 석사학위논문, 한국교원대학교.
- 임재춘 (2006). 한국의 이공계는 글쓰기가 두렵다. 북코리아.
- 한지영 (2004). 기술과 교육 평가에서 학습자 중심 루브릭이 학습과정 및 학업성취에 미치는 영향. 박사학위논문, 서울대학교.
- ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission (2008). 2009-2010 Criteria for Accrediting Engineering Programs. From ABET Engineering Accreditation Commission web Site, http://www.abet.org/forms.shtml.
- Airasian P. W. (1991). Classroom assessment. New York : McGraw-Hill.
- Andrade, H., & Du, Y. (2005). Student perspectives on rubric-referenced assessment. Practical Assessment, Research & Evaluation, 10(3): 1-11.
- Arter, J. (2000). Rubrics, scoring guides, and performance criteria: Classroom tools for assessing and improving student learning. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 446100).
- Arter, J & Mctighe, J (2001). Scoring rubrics in the classroom. California: Corwin Press, Inc.
- Batzle, J. (1992). Portfolio assessment and evaluation: Developing and using portfolios in the classroom. Cypress. CA: Creative Teaching Press, Inc.
- Cole, J. R. (1999). The effect of scoring guides on student performance and motivation. Doctoral dissertation, University of Northern Colorado.
- Erickson (1995) Stirring the head, heart, and soul: Redefining curriculum and instruction. Thousand Oaks, CA: Wadsworth.
- Gagne (1985) The conditions of learning (4th ed.). New york: Holt, Rinehart & Winston.
- Gagne & Briggs (1979) Principles of instructional design (2nd ed.). New York: Holt Rinehart and Winston.
- Goodrich, H (1996). Understanding rubrics. Educational Leadership, 54(4): 14-17.
- Goodrich, H. (1999). The role of instructional rubrics and self-assessment in learning to write: A Smorgasbord of Findings. (ERIC Document Reproduction Service No. ED 431029)
- 공미정 (2008). 논증적 글쓰기와 수사학 : 비판적 사고와 설득 능력의 함양을 위한글쓰기 교육. 석사학위 논문, 중앙대학교 교육대학원.
- 국립교육평가원 (1996). 수행평가의 이론과 실제. 대한교과서 주식회사
- 박동열, 주인중, 최선아 (2010). 델파이 조사를 활용한 직업기초능력 모형 개발. 직업교육연구. 29(4): 349-385.