- Volume 15 Issue 5
This study proposes content and instruction of leadership education based on the results of evaluation and analysis of leadership skill of present levels of students who registered for 'leadership development and training' course which is liberal arts elective course of the 'Accreditation Board of Engineering Education in Korea' and provides best practices to develop leadership skill and to attain academic achievement 2, 4, 6, 7 of 12 academic achievement required by KEC2005. To accomplish a purpose of the study, I divide leadership skill into technical skill, human skill and conceptual skill that suggested by Katz and then measure students' leadership skill. The contents of leadership education to develop and enforce three leadership skills are as follows. First, for developing technical skill, there is a need for systematic education of basic working experience relevant to a major field of study. Second, for developing human skill, there is a need for education of leadership, motivation, conflict management, communication, group dynamics and presentation etc. Third, for developing conceptual skill, there is a need for education of founding vision, business strategy and creative idea etc.
ABEEK;KEC2005;Leadership skill;Technical skill;Human skill;Conceptual skill
- 김남현(2009), 리더십, 경문사.
- 김성수(2010), 글로벌 리더십 개발, 탑북스
- 안성호 ․ 김일석(2010), 현대 리더십의 이해, 신광문화사.
- 이훈영(2009), SPSS를 이용한 데이터분석, 도서출판 청람.
- Bass, B. M.(1990), From transactional to transforma-tional leadership : Learning to share the vision, Organizational Dynamics 18: 19-31. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(90)90061-S
- Bennis, W. & Nannus, B.,(1985), Leaders : The Strategies for Taking Charge, New York : Harper & Row.
- Jago, A. G.(1982), "Leadership : Perspectives in Theory and Research, Management Science 28(3): 315-336. https://doi.org/10.1287/mnsc.28.3.315
- Katz, R. L.(1955), "Skills of an Effective Administrator," Harvard Business Review, 33(1): 33-42
- Manz, C. C. & Sims, H. P.(1991), "Super leadership : Beyond the myth of heroic Leadership," Organizational Dynamics, 19(4): 18-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/0090-2616(91)90051-A
- Mumford, M. D., Zaccaro, S. J., Harding, F. D., Owen Jacobs, T., & Fleishman, E. A.(2000), Leadership skills for a changing world : Solving complex social problem, Leadership Quarterly 11(1): 11-35. https://doi.org/10.1016/S1048-9843(99)00041-7
- Graen, G. B. & Uhl-Bein, M.(1995), "Relationship-based approach to leadership : Development of leader-member exchange(LMX) theory of leadership over 25 years", leadership Quarterly 6(2): 219-247. https://doi.org/10.1016/1048-9843(95)90036-5