- Volume 49 Issue 4
Recent Trend of the Technology Development for Multiuser MIMO based on LTE-Advanced Standard
LTE-Advanced 표준에 바탕을 둔 다중사용자 MIMO의 기술개발 현황
- Lee, Byung-Ju (Korea University) ;
- Lim, Chae-Man (Samsung Electronics Co.) ;
- Shim, Byong-Hyo (Korea University)
- Received : 2011.12.15
- Accepted : 2012.04.17
- Published : 2012.04.25
As the demand for smart phone user is rapidly increasing in recent years, the development of new mobile communication system which provides more improved quality compared to existing 3G standard is highly requested. In this point, the long-term evolution (LTE) system, which was being developed in mid of 2000's, has attracted a considerable attention. The LTE has been developed continuously to result a release 10 which is called as LTE-Advanced (LTE-A) in 2010. Among various features in LTE-A, the multiuser MIMO (MU-MIMO) design is expected to give better quality for throughput, spectral efficiency, and latency. In this paper, we first review the development process from LTE to LTE-A. We also provide the overview of design challenges and specific solutions for MU-MIMO systems developed in LTE-Advanced standard.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- http://network4g.verizonwireless.com/#/ 4g-network-verizon-wireless
- D. Martin-Sacristan et al, "On the way towards fourth generation mobile:3GPP LTE and LTE-Advanced", EURASIP Journal of Wireless Communications and Networking, vol. 2009, 10 pages
- T. Yoo, A. Jindal, A, Goldsmith, "Finite-rate feedback MIMO broadcast channels with a large number of users" in Proc. of IEEE ISIT, pp. 1214-1218, July 2006.
- 3GPP TS 36.913, "Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Acess (E-UTRA); Requirements for further advancements for Evolved Universal Terrestrial Radio Access (E-UTRA) LTE-Advanced".
- M. Sharif and B. Hassibi, "On the capacity of MIMO broadcast channels with partial side information." IEEE Trans. Inf. Theory, vol. 51, no. 2, Feb. 2005, pp. 506-522. https://doi.org/10.1109/TIT.2004.840897
- T. Yoo, A. Goldsmith, "On the optimality of multiantenna broadcast scheduling using Zero-forcing beamforming." IEEE J. Select. Areas Commun., vol. 24, no. 3, March 2006, pp. 528-541.
- 3GPP TSG RAN WGI #60, R1-101129, "On Extentions to Rel. 8 PMI Feedback." February 2010.
- 3GPP TSG RAN WGI #61, R1-103332, "Way Forward on UE Feedback." May 2010.
- 3GPP TSG RAN WGI #61, R1-103378, "Performance evaluation of Rel. 10 feedback framework." May 2010.
- 3GPP TSG RAN WGI #62, R1-105011, "Way Forward on 8Tx Codebook for of Rel. 10 DL MIMO." August 2010.