- Volume 12 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Research about the Influence of Color Communication on Brand Images - based on Industrial Logos
컬러커뮤니케이션이 브랜드 이미지에 미치는 영향에 대한 연구 - 기업 로고를 중심으로
- 이진희 (한국사이버대학교 경영학과)
- Received : 2012.02.29
- Accepted : 2012.05.02
- Published : 2012.05.28
We can expect an effective color marketing to build up a positive industrial image as it is easy for consumer to approach due to the ability of colors to affect human consciousness and sub-consciousness more than any other factor. The purpose of this research is to draw attention to the importance of color communication and to find strategies to elevate the brand image by surveying the degree of influence color communication has when forming a brand image. In order to conduct effective research, we executed theoretical and collaborative analysis through research materials and documents. If you take a look at the outcome of this research, brands that brings credibility and likability to its customers are not brands that uses color communication, but brands that utilize marketing strategies that build up credibility for quite some time. Also, preference over colors are distinctive. It turned out to be that the color of a brand logo that one likes has very little to do with one's favorite color. When people choose a brand, they are choosing the brand not because of the color of the brand logo, but its credibility and likability that the brand offers. It proves that the color of the brand logo has nothing to do with the colors that people prefer. The relationship between the color that consumers prefer and the image and emotional color that forms brand image is negligible. However, since research shows that there was a relationship between the color you prefer and the emotional color that forms brand images, it seems to be important to figure out what color customers prefer rather than the color that shows customers' self image. Unlike existing color communication research, through this research, we would like to know how to utilize the color communication strategically in the forming of brand images and take a look at the relationship between customers' preferences and the image of each brand logo's emotional color.
Color Communication;Building up an Image;Brand Image
- Keller and K. Lane, "Building customer- based brand equity," Marketing Management, pp.15-19, 2001(7-8).
- 윤미숙, 기업이미지 구축을 위한 컬러마케팅에 관한 연구-국내정유회사 중심으로, 강원대 산업대학원, p.1, 2007.
- 함준용, 컬러 아이덴티티가 기업 이미지에 미치는 영향에 관한 연구, 홍익대학교 광고홍보대학원, 석사학위논문, p.18, 2004.
- 양미연, 컬러 커뮤니케이션 전략에 의한 브랜드 이미지, 건국대학교 산업대학원, 석사학위논문, pp.31-34, 2005.
- 김미강, 심벌컬러의 적용현황에 관한 연구, 건국대학교 디자인대학원, 석사학위논문, pp.18-19, 2003.
- 권은숙, 산업경쟁력, 색이 좌우한다, 서울: 종합기술정보, p.11, 1996.
- 천창영, "광고에서 브랜드 컬러 이미지 적용효과", 중앙대신문방송대학원, 석사학위논문, pp.18-19, 2002.
- A Relational Analysis among Color Marketing, Brand Charisma and Marketing Outcome vol.15, pp.1, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2014.15.1.144