- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Running Stability Test of 1/5 Scaled Bogie using Small-Scaled Derailment Simulator
소형탈선시뮬레이터를 이용한 1/5 축소대차의 주행안정성 시험
- Received : 2011.10.10
- Accepted : 2012.01.13
- Published : 2012.02.26
The dynamic stability of railway vehicle has been one of the important issues in railway safety. The dynamic simulator has been used in the study about the dynamic stability of railway vehicle and wheel/rail interface optimization. Especially, a small scale simulator has been widely used in the fundamental study in the laboratory instead of full scale roller rig which is not cost effective and inconvenient to achieve diverse design parameters. But the technique for the design of the small scale simulator about the dynamic characteristics of the wheel-rail system and the bogie system has not been well developed in Korea. Therefore, the research using the small-scaled derailment simulator and the 1/5 scaled bogie has been conducted. In this paper, we did running stability test of 1/5 scaled bogie using small-scaled derailment simulator. Also, for the operation of the small scaled simulator, it is required to investigate the performance and characteristics of the simulator system. This could be achieved by a comparative study between an analysis and an experiment. This paper presented the analytical model which could be used for verifying the test results and understanding of the physical behavior of the dynamic system comprising the small- scaled derailment simulator and the 1/5 scaled bogie.
- B.G. Eom, S.Y. Lee, S.B. Oh, B.B. Kang, H.S. Lee (2011) A Study on the Design of Small-Scaled Derailment Simulator considering Similarity Rules, Spring Conference of Korean Society for Railway.
- A. Jaschinski, et al. (1999) The Application of Roller Rig to Railway Vehicle Dynamics, Vehicle System Dynamics, 31, pp 345-392. https://doi.org/10.1076/vesd.31.5.345.8360
- B.G. Eom, B.B. Kang, H.S. Lee (2011) Design of Small-Scaled Derailment Simulator for Investigating Bogie Dynamics, International Journal of Railway, 4(2), pp. 50-55. https://doi.org/10.7782/IJR.2011.4.2.050
- B.G. Eom, H.S. Lee (2010) Assessment of Running Safety of Railway Vehicles using Multibody Dynamics, International Journal of Precision Engineering and Manufacturing, 11(2), pp. 315-320. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-010-0036-x
- Simon Iwnicki (1996) Handbook of Railway Vehicle Dynamics, CRC Press.
- VI grade (2008) VI-Rail 2005 r2.11.0 documentation.
- MSC software (2005) MSC. ADAMS 2005 User's Manual.
- S.Y. Lee, B.G. Eom, B.B. Kang, H.S. Lee (2011) A study on the Dynamic analysis of 1/5 scale derailment simulator model, Spring Conference of Korean Society for Railway.
- Y.W. Kim, H.S. Lee (2009) An Analysis of Running Safety for Railway Vehicle depending on Actual Track Conditions, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 12(6), pp. 983-988.
- An Analysis of Running Stability of 1/5 Small Scaled Bogie on Small-Scaled Derailment Simulator vol.36, pp.11, 2012, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2012.36.11.1413
- Evaluation of Curving Performance and Running Safety of New High-Power Electric Locomotive vol.37, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.6.827
- Analysis of Running Safety According to Changes of Guard Rail Length on F10/F12 Turnout vol.37, pp.6, 2013, https://doi.org/10.3795/KSME-A.2013.37.6.723
- Development of a trench shield machine for the near-surface railway construction vol.17, pp.2, 2015, https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.2.175
- A study on running stability assessment methods for 1/5 small scaled bogie of saemaul using small-scaled derailment simulator vol.14, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.1007/s12541-013-0079-x
- Running Safety Analysis of Railway Vehicle passing through Curve depending on Rail Inclination Change vol.23, pp.3, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVE.2013.23.3.199
- Laboratory Experimental Test of the Applicability of a Trench Shield Machine for Open-cut Excavation Technology vol.19, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2016.19.2.213