- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Analysis of dynamic behavior of Railroad Steel Bridges According to Bridge Bearing Types
교량받침 형식에 따른 판형교 동적 분석
- Received : 2011.12.08
- Accepted : 2012.01.17
- Published : 2012.02.26
Dynamic behaviors of line type bearings, spherical bearings and disk bearings which are being used for railway steel bridges are investigated, and that of the bridges is also analyzed. For the purpose, the vertical displacements of the three bearings including fixed and expansion type are measured and analyzed. Also, the deformation of the PTFE plate placed inside of spherical and disk bearings of expansion type is measured and its effect on the dynamic behavior of the bridges is discussed. The up-lift phenomenon at the bearings installed for the steel bridges is estimated. The vertical displacements at mid-span of the bridges are compared according to the bearing types. Finally, the 1st mode natural frequencies are estimated and the relationship to the vertical displacement is discussed.
Supported by : 홍익대학교
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2005) 100 years history of Korea Railway Construction, Korea Rail Network Authority, Daejeon, Korea.
- E. Choi, H.U. Lee, S.Y. Lee (2008) Maintenance and Dynamic Behavior of Advanced Spherical Bearings under Railway Open-Steel-Plate-Girder Bridges, Journal of The Korean Society for Railway, 11(2), pp. 165-175.
- J. Park, E. Choi (2011) Fragility analysis of track-on steelplate-girder railway bridges in Korea, Engineering Structures, 33(3), pp. 696-705. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2010.09.028
- S.H. Oh, E. Choi, J.Y. Jung (2005) The Estimated Stiffness of Rubber Pads for Railway Bridges, Journal of KSSC, 17(3), pp. 307-316.
- C.W. Roeder, J.F. Stanton, T.I. Campbell (1995) Rotation of high load multirotational bridge bearings, Journal of Structural Engineering, 121(4), pp.747-756. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-9445(1995)121:4(747)
- E. Choi, H.U. Lee, J.I. Kim (2008) Variation of Natural Frequency and Dynamic Behavior of Railway Open-Steel-Plate-Girder Bridge with Installing Disk Bearings, Journal of KSSC, 18(4), pp. 437-446.
- H. Eggert, W. Kauschke (2002) Structural Bearings, Ernst & Sohn, A Wiley Company, Heppenheim, Germany.
- T.W. Steele (2001) Electrical properties of ceramics, University of Southampton, ISVR Memorandum ISAV 101.
- M. Petyt (2005) Measurement process of plate vibration, U.S. Patent No. 2,043,416.
- A new accelerated-replacement method and full-scale test of a new superstructure for existing OSPG railway bridges vol.14, pp.3, 2014, https://doi.org/10.1007/s13296-014-3007-8