- Volume 15 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Evaluation of Metro Services based on Transit Smart Card Data (A Case Study of Incheon Line 1)
스마트카드 데이터를 활용한 도시철도 서비스 평가 (인천 1호선의 차내혼잡과 정시성을 중심으로)
- 엄진기 (한국철도기술연구원 교통체계분석연구단) ;
- 최명훈 (한국철도기술연구원 교통체계분석연구단) ;
- 김대성 (한국철도기술연구원 교통체계분석연구단) ;
- 이준 (한국철도기술연구원 교통체계분석연구단) ;
- 송지영 (과학기술연합대학원대학교 교통물류시스템전공)
- Received : 2011.10.10
- Accepted : 2012.01.20
- Published : 2012.02.26
This study analyzed the quality of a commuter rail service of Incheon line 1 with respect to two service measures such as occupancy (crowdedness) and punctuality based on transit smart card data collected in 2009. In order to analyze the metro services by individual fleet, we aggregated the personal level card data into the fleet operated in each planned schedule. The results show a low level of service for both crowdedness and punctuality during peak hours at the line segment from 'Gyeyang' to 'International business district'. Further, a close relationship between vehicle occupancy and punctuality is found, which illustrates high passenger demand causes successive metro delay.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs (2010) STATISTICAL YEARBOOK.
- S.I. Shin (2005) Revenue Allocation Model for the Integrated Urban Rail System in the Seoul Metropolitan, Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 23(5), p. 158.
- S.I. Shin (2008) An Evaluation of Mass Transit Service Among Regions Using Public Transportation Card Data, Journal of Korean Society of Transportation, 5(1), pp. 111-114.
- Transit Capacity and Quality of Service Manual (2003), TCRP Report 100 (2nd).
- Y.G. Kim (2003) The Development of Performance Measures in Railway Services, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 222-231.
- Suh D. Sunduck (2008) Defining Level of Service for Railroad System and Analysis of it's Effects on System Planning, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, pp. 1581-1598.
- H.S. Lee (2006) A Study on the Service Quality of Korea Train Express, Journal of Korean Society for Railway, 9(1), pp. 81-88.
- Load Factor Decrease In The Seoul Metro Circle Line through Analyzing Passenger OD Demand vol.17, pp.6, 2014, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2014.17.6.457
- The Spatial Correlation of Mode Choice Behavior based on Smart Card Transit Data in Seoul vol.26, pp.4, 2013, https://doi.org/10.5351/KJAS.2013.26.4.623
- Development of an Algorithm for Estimating Subway Platform Congestion Using Public Transportation Card Data vol.18, pp.3, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.3.270
- Tracing a Logical Path of Passengers: A Case study of Seoul Metro Line 9 vol.18, pp.6, 2015, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2015.18.6.586
- An Optimizing Simulation for Designing the Numbers of Electric Train Car vol.30, pp.3, 2012, https://doi.org/10.7470/jkst.2012.30.3.095