- Volume 15 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Experimental Evaluation for Damping Ratio Limit of Railway Bridge according to Structure Types
철도교량 구조형식별 감쇠비 하한값 산정을 위한 시험적 연구
- Received : 2012.01.06
- Accepted : 2012.02.27
- Published : 2012.04.30
The damping ratio of railway bridge has become one of the most important issues in dynamic design and dynamic stability of railway bridge. In the present study, laboratory and field test were performed for railway bridges such as a twin I-shaped steel composite girder, PSC box, steel box, PSC, IPC, PRECOM, preflex. The damping ratio of railway bridge according to structure types was estimated by logarithmic decrement method. Therefore, magnitude, frequency and amplitude of load did not affect damping ratio of railway bridge. Also, damping ratio limit of steel composite and PSC bridges was evaluated in 1.0%.
- S.P. Chang, J.W. Kwark, S.G. Ha, S.I. Kim (1998) A Study on the Dynamic Behavior of Steel Composite Railway Bridges subject to High Speed Train, 98' Spring Conference of the Society for Railway, pp. 548- 555.
- D.Y. Sung, Y.G. Park, J.Y. Choi, S.I. Kim (2010) The Experimental Study on the Effect of Track System on the Integral Behavior of Railway Bridge, Journal of the Korean Society for Railway, 13(2), pp. 172-179.
- ERRI D214 RP9 (1999) Rail Bridges for Speeds v>200km/h, European Rail Research Institute.
- EUROCODE 1 Pt. 2 (2003) Actions on Structures: General Actions-Traffic Loads on Bridges, European Committee for Standardization.
- IAPF (2006) Instruccion sobre las acciones a considerer en el proyecto de puentes de ferrocarril(in Spanish), IAPF.
- M. Sogabe, N. Matsumoto, M. Kanamori, M. Sato, H. Wakui (2005) Impact Factors of Concrete Girders coping with Train Speed-up, Quarterly Report of RTRI, 46(1), pp. 46-52. https://doi.org/10.2219/rtriqr.46.46
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2005) Railway Construction Rule, Korea Railroad Research Institute.
- S.I. Kim (2010) Experimental Evaluations of Track Structure Effects on Dynamic Properties of Railway Bridge, Journal of Vibration and Control.
- Korea Rail Network Authority (2008) A Study on Dynamic Stability and Dynamic Design Standards for Railway Bridge, Korea Railroad Research Institute.
- D.U. Park, N.S. Kim, S.I. Kim (2009) Damping Estimation of Railway Bridges using Extended Kalman Filter, Journal of the Korean Society for Noise and Vibration Engineering, 19(3), pp.294-300. https://doi.org/10.5050/KSNVN.2009.19.3.294
- Experimental Performance Estimate of a 40m PSC I Girder for Railway Bridges vol.16, pp.5, 2013, https://doi.org/10.7782/JKSR.2013.16.5.394
- Investigation of Resonance Occurrence Conditions by Dynamic Interaction Analysis between Arch bridge and KTX Trains vol.20, pp.2, 2016, https://doi.org/10.5000/EESK.2016.20.2.103