- Volume 1 Issue 3
Design and analysis of a novel 2-phase 4/5 Switched Reluctance Motor(SRM) is presented. The proposed motor employs a novel stator pole configuration. A novel SRM employs four-rotor and five-stator poles. The motor has no dead-zone and can be operate at any rotor position. The structure and operating principle are also described. The comparison between the proposed motor and a conventional two-phase 4/2 SRM is undertaken in this analysis. Furthermore, the Finite Element Analysis(FEA) and matlab-simulink are used to predict and simulate the performance of a proposed motor. The results of investigation indicate that the proposed structure offers a better performance in term of torque production.
Supported by : Kyungsung University
- T.J.E. Miller, "Optimal Design of Switched Reluctance Motors" IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, vol. 49, no 1, pp 160-170, Feb 2002.
- R. Krishnan: Switched Reluctance Motor Drives. CRC Press LLC, Boca Raton, Florida, 2001.
- A. Michaelides, C. Pollock, "Short flux paths optimize the efficiency of a 5-phase switched reluctance drive." Industry Applications Conference, 1995. Thirtieth IAS Annual Meeting Record, IEEE, 286-293 vol.1, Oct 1995
- K Bienkowski., J. Szczypior, B. Bucki, A. Biernat, A. Roalski, "Influence of Geometrical Parameters of Switched Reluctance Motor on Electromagnetic Torque", Proc. of XVI International Conference of Electrical Machines, Sep. 2004.
- Seok-Gyu Oh, R. Krishnan, "Tow-Phase SRM With Flux- Reversal-Free Stator: Concept, Analysis, Design, IEEE Tr-?? vol.43, no.5, pp.1247-1257, Sept. oct. 2007 https://doi.org/10.1109/TIA.2007.904407
- A. Labak; N.C. Kar; , "A novel five-phase pancake shaped switched reluctance motor for hybrid electric vehicles," Vehicle Power and Propulsion Conference, 2009. VPPC '09. IEEE , vol., no., pp.494-499, 7-10 Sept. 2009.
- Cheewoo Lee, Krishnan, R., "New Designs of a Two-Phase E-Core Switched Reluctance Machine by Optimizing the Magnetic Structure for a Specific Application: Concept, Design, and Analysis," Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, 2008. IAS '08. IEEE, vol., no., pp.1-8, 5-9 Oct. 2008.