- Volume 12 Issue 1
MANET composed wireless nodes without fixed infrastructure provides high flexibility, but it has weak disadvantage to various attack. It has big weakness to DDoS attack because every node perform packet forwarding especially. In this paper, packet transmission information control technique is proposed to reduce damage of DDoS attack in MANET and search location of attacker when DDoS attacks occur. Hierarchical structure using gateway node is adopted for protect a target of attack in this study. Gateway node in cluster is included like destination nodes surely when source nodes route path to destination nodes and it protects destination nodes. We confirmed efficiency by comparing proposed method in this study with CUSUM and measured the quantity consumed memory of cluster head to evaluate efficiency of information control using to location tracing.
- L. Zhou and Z. Haas, Securing Ad Hoc Networks, IEEE Network Magazine Vol. 13 No. 6, pp.24-30, 1999. https://doi.org/10.1109/65.806983
- M. Caralho, "Security in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," IEEE Security & Privacy, March/April 2008.
- I. Aad, J. P. Hubaux, E. W. Knightly, " Impact of Denial of Service Attacks in MANETs" IEEE/ACM Transactions on Networking(TON), vol. 16(4), pp. 791-802, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1109/TNET.2007.904002
- Y. Liu and L. Shen, "Defense of DoS Attack Focusing on Protecting Resource in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," Computer knowledge and Technology 2007 3(16), 2007.
- S. Noh, C. Lee, K. Choi, and G. Jung, "Detecting distributed denial of Service (DDoS) attackts through inductive learning," In Proceedings of the 4th International Conference on Intelligent Data Engineering and Automated Learning(IDEAL'03), pp. 286-295, Mar. 2003.
- H. Burch, "Tracing anonymous packets to their approximate source," In Proceedings of the 14th USENIX Conference on System Administration, pp. 319-328, Dec. 2000.
- S. Savage, D. Wetherall, A. Karlin, and T. Anderson,"Practical network support for IP traceback," ACM SIGCOMM Computer Communications Review, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 295-306, Aug. 2000. https://doi.org/10.1145/347057.347560