- Volume 12 Issue 1
VANET(Vehicular Ad-hoc Network) is a kind of ad hoc networks consist of intelligence vehicular ad nodes, and has become a hot emerging research project in many fields. It provide traffic safety, cooperative driving and etc. but has also some security problems that can be occurred in general ad hoc networks. Also, in VANET, vehiculars sho uld be able to authenticate each other to securely communicate with network-based infrastructure, and their location s and identifiers should not be exposed from the communication messages. This paper explains V2I authentication pr otocol using a hash function that preserves the user privacy. In addition, we analyze the security stability of the V2I authentication protocol using Casper in the formal verification technique. As a result, V2I authentication protocol us ing hash function prove a stability.
- B.H.Hwang, D.H.Lee, "An efficient authentication protocol between vehicle and communication infrastructure for intelligent vehicular networks", proceeding of the ITFE Summer conference, pp 500-503,August, 2008.
- M..raya and J.Hubaux, "Securing vehicular ad hoc networks," J. of Computer Security, vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 39-68, Jan.2007
- X. Lin, X. Sun, P,-H, Ho and X. Shen, "GSIS: A Secure and Privacy Preserving Protocol for Vehicular Coomunications", IEEE Trans, on Vehicular Technology, vol, 56, no.6, pp.3442-3456, 2007.
- Hoare, C.A.R., Communication Sequential Porcesses, Prentice-Hall, 1985 N), LNCS, pp 149-164, 2004.
- G. Calandriello, P. Papadimitratos and J. P. Hu baux, "Efficient and Robust Pseudonymous Authentication in VANET," In Proc. International Workshop VANET, pp. 19-28, 2007.
- Hoare, C.A.R, Communicating Sequential Proces ses, Prentice-Hall, 1985.
- Formal System Ltd, FDR2 User Manual, Aug, 1999.
- Lowq, G., "Casper: A Compiler for the analysis of Security Protocols," In Proc. of the 1997 IEEE Computer Security Foundation Workshop X, IEEE Computer Society, Silver Spring, MD, pp, 18-30, 1997.
- G. Calandriello, P. Papadimitratos and J. P. Hub aux, "Efficient and Robust Pseudonymous Auth entication in VANET, " In Proc. International Workshop VANET, pp.19-28, 2007.
- J. Zhang, L. Ma, W. Su, and Y. Wang, "Privacy-Preserving Authentication Based on Short Group Signature in Vehicular Networks," Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Data, Privacy, and E-Commerce, pp. 138-142,