- Volume 12 Issue 1
Increase of data traffic and the advent of new real-time services require to change from the traditional TDM-based (Time Division Multiplexing) networks to the optical networks that soft and dynamic configuration. Voice and lease line services are main service area of the traditional TDM-based networks. This optical network became main infrastructure that offer many channel that can convey data, video, and voice. To provide high resilience against failures, Packet-optical networks must have an ability to maintain an acceptable level of service during network failures. Fast and resource optimized lightpath restoration strategies are urgent requirements for the near future Packet-optical networks with a Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching(GMPLS) control plane. The goal of this paper is to provide packet-optical network with a hierarchical multi-layer recovery in order to fast and coordinated restoration in packet-optical network/GMPLS, focusing on new implementation information. The proposed schemes do not need an extension of optical network signaling (routing) protocols for support.
Supported by : 서일대학
- K. Shiomoto, I. Inoue, R. Matsuzaki, and E. Oki, "Research and Development of IP and Optical Networking," NTT Technical Review, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 48-53, 2007.
- E. Oki, et al., "Dynamic multilayer routing schemes in GMPLS-based IP + Optical Networks," IEEE Communications, Magazine, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 108-114, Jan. 2005.
- N. Bouabdallah, G. Pujolle, E. Dotaro, N. Le Sauze and L. Ciavaglia, "Distributed Aggregation in All-Optical Wavelength Routed Networks," IEEE International Conference on Communications, pp. 1806-1810, Jun. 2004.
- A. Bonerjee, J. Drake, J. P. Lang, and B. Turner, "Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching: an Overview of Routing and Management Enhancements," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 39, No. 1, pp. 144-150, Jan. 2001. https://doi.org/10.1109/35.894389
- Sophie De Maesschalck, et al., "Intelligent Optical Networking for Multilayer Survivability," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 40, No. 1, pp. 42-49, Jan. 2002. https://doi.org/10.1109/35.978048
- Bart Puype, et al., "Benefits of GMPLS for Multilayer Recovery," IEEE Communications Magazine, Vol. 43, No. 7, pp. 51-59, Jul. 2005. https://doi.org/10.1109/MCOM.2005.1404589
- Hyuncheol Kim, "A Study of Survivable Traffic Grooming in Broadband Convergence Networks," Thesis of Doctoral Course, Sungkyunkwan Univ., 2005.
- Greg Bernstein, Bala Rajagopalan, Debanjan Saha, "Optical Network Control: Architecture, Protocols, and Standards," Addison Wesley.