- Volume 12 Issue 1
Mobile Malicious AP Detection and Cut-off Mechanism based in Authentication Network
인증 네트워크 상의 비 인가된 모바일 AP 탐지 및 차단 기법
- Received : 2012.02.29
- Accepted : 2012.03.19
- Published : 2012.03.30
Owing to the development of wireless infrastructure and mobile communication technology, There is growing interest in smart phone using it. The resulting popularity of smart phone has increased the Mobile Malicious AP-related security threat and the access to the wireless AP(Access Point) using Wi-Fi. mobile AP mechanism is the use of a mobile device with Internet access such as 3G cellular service to serve as an Internet gateway or access point for other devices. Within the enterprise, the use of mobile AP mechanism made corporate information management difficult owing to use wireless system that is impossible to wire packet monitoring. In this thesis, we propose mobile AP mechanism-based mobile malicious AP detection and prevention mechanism in radius authentication server network. Detection approach detects mobile AP mechanism-based mobile malicious AP by sniffing the beacon frame and analyzing the difference between an authorized AP and a mobile AP mechanism-based mobile malicious AP detection.
Supported by : 광운대학교
- Joshua Burke, Brad Hartselle, Brad Kneuven and BradleyMorgan, "Wireless Security Attacks and Defense", WindowSecurity, 2006.
- Raheem Beyah, Shantanu Kangude, George Yu, Brian Strickland, and john Copeland, "Rogue Access Point Detection using Temporal Traffic Characteristics", IEEE Communications Society Globecom, 2004.
- Sachin Shetty, Min Song and Liran Ma "Rogue Access Point Detection by Analyzing Network Traffic Characteristics", IEEE Communications Society Globecom, 2007.
- Beyah R, Venkataraman A, "Rogue-Access-Point Detection", IEEE Security and Privacy Magazine, 2011.
- Namedurali E, Qaddour J, Doss D, "Wireless LAN: Security Problems, Solutions & Challenges", World Wireless Congress, 2004.
- Shital V Jagtap and K N Honwadkar, "Rogue Access Point Detection in WLAN by Analyzing Network Traffic and Behavior", International Journal of Computer Applications Volume 1 - No. 22, 2010.