- Volume 21 Issue 5
Eco-efficiency considers both environmental impacts and economic values. It is a useful tool for communicating with stakeholders for business decision making. This study evaluated the eco-efficiency factor (EEF) for the energy network of a dyeing company that supplies surplus heat to a neighboring apartment during the night. This symbiosis network is one of the eco-industrial park (EIP) projects in Korea and aims to benefit local residents and the industrial complex by utilizing surplus heat. In this study, two categories were annualized. The first quantified environmental burden based on
Eco-efficiency;Industrial symbiosis;Eco-industrial park;District heating;Multiple variables
- A guide to reporting company performance, 2004, Geneva, WBCSD.
- Charles, C., Reith, M., Guidry, J., 2003, Eco- efficiency analysis of an agricultural research complex, Journal of Environmental Management, 68, 219-229. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0301-4797(02)00161-5
- Dai, T., 2010, Two quantitative indices for the planning and evaluation of eco-industrial parks, Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 54, 442-448. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2009.09.010
- Helminen, R. -R., 2000, Developing tangible measures for eco-efficiency: the case of the Finnish and Swedish pulp and paper industry, Business Strategy and the Environment, 9(3), 196-210. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-0836(200005/06)9:3<196::AID-BSE240>3.0.CO;2-O
- Hoffmann, V. H., Busch, T., 2008, Corporate carbon performance indicators, Journal of Industrial Ecology, 12(4), 505-520. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1530-9290.2008.00066.x
- Shim, H. S., 2010, An Eco-Efficiency Evaluation in terms of Green House Gas Emission for the Korean Fossil Fuel-fired Power Generation Industry, Master's Thesis, Ajou University, Korea.
- Kim, J. I., Yun, C. H., Yoon, H. S., 2010, Development of Eco- efficiency Indicators for Yeosu Industrial Park, Clean Technology, 16(3), 229-237.
- Korhonen, L., 2004, Eco-efficiency analysis of power plants: An extension of data envelopment analysis, European Journal of Operational Research, 154, 437-446. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(03)00180-2
- Korhonen, L., European, J., 2004, Operational Research, 154, 437-446. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0377-2217(03)00180-2
- Wang, L., Li, W., Li, Z., 2006, Emergy evaluation of combined heat and power plant eco-industrial park (CHP plant EIP), Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 48, 56-70. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2005.12.012
- Li, Z., Jianren, Z., Cui, Z., Lei, L., 2010, A method for controlling enterprises access to an eco-industrial park, Science of the Total Environment, 408, 4817-4825. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2010.06.035
- Lowe, E., Geng, Y., 2003, Industrial ecology and eco-industrial park. Beijing, Chemical Industrial Press.
- Muller, K., Sturm, A., 2001, Standardized eco-efficiency indicators report 1, concept paper, Rev. 1.05/Jan.
- Oh, D. S., Kim, K. B., Jeong, S. Y., 2005, Eco-industrial park design: a daedeok technovalley case study, Habitat International, 29, 269-284. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.habitatint.2003.09.006
- Park, H., Rene, E. R., 2008, Strategies for sustainable development of industrial park in Ulsan, South Korea - from spontaneous evolution to systematic expansion of industrial symbiosis, Journal of Environmental Management, 87, 1-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2006.12.045
- Reith, C. C., 2001, Application of environmental business models to the agricultural sector: the model sustainable agricultural complex Corporate Environmental Strategy, 8 (1).
- Kim, S. H., Yoon, S. G., Chae, S. H., Park, S. W., 2010, Economic and environmental optimization of a multi-site utility network for an industrial complex, Journal of Environmental Management, 91, 690-705. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2009.09.033
- Schaltegger, S., Sturm, A., 1992, Okologieorientierte Entscheidungen in Unternehmen: okologisches Rechnungswesen statt Okobilanzierung: Notwendigkeit, Kriterien, Konzepte, Haupt, Bern.
- Erkko, S., Melanen, M., Mickwitz, P., 2005, Journal of Cleaner Production, 13, 799-813. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2003.12.027
- Kim, S. G., Kim, Y. J., Choi, J. H., Kim, I., Chung, T. H., 2008, Proposal and Application of Eco-efficiency Indicator in Wastewater Treatment System, Korean society of water and wastewater conference in autumn.
- Sturm, A., Muller, K., Upasena, S., 2001, a manual for preparers and users, Release 1.1/November. Prepared for UNCTAD / Inter-governmental Working Group of Experts on ISAR.
- Sustainability reporting guidelines, 2002, Boston: Global Reporting Initiative.
- Kim, T. U., Jo, S. H., 2000, Measuring Efficiency of Global Electricity Companies Using Data Envelopment Analysis Model, Environmental and Resource economics review, 9 (2) 2, 349-371.
Hahn,T., Figge, F., Liesen, A., Ralf, B., 2010, Opportunity cost based analysis of corporate eco-efficiency: A methodology and its application to the
$CO_2$-efficiency of German companies, Journal of Environmental Management, 91.
- Geng, Y., Zhang, P., Ulgiati, S., Sarkis, J., 2010, Emergy analysis of an industrial park: The case of Dalian, China, Science of the Total Environment, 408, 5273-5283. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2010.07.081
- Assessment and Analysis of Coal Seam Gas Water Management Study for Water Resource Production -1. Water Production vol.23, pp.8, 2014, https://doi.org/10.5322/JESI.2014.23.8.1395