- Volume 3 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on the Type of Welfare Service for Strengthening Tenant's Housing Welfare in Permanent Affordable Housing
Roh, Sang-Youn;Yoon, Young-Ho;Cho, Young-Tae;Lee, Ji-Eun;Cho, Yong-Kyung
- 투고 : 2012.01.06
- 심사 : 2012.01.26
- 발행 : 2012.01.30
Since the provision of Permanent Affordable Housing in the early 1990's, it is confronted with the need to strengthen its welfare service due to aging of its facilities and the declining welfare system for its tenants. In addition, the aging population of tenants is on the rise, increasing the group of tenants that are in need of care. The local social community center has entered into the community of permanent affordable housing and takes partial responsibility in the tenant's social welfare. However, social community center is mainly responsible for providing welfare service to its local residents and thus limited in its ability to satisfy welfare service to tenants of permanent affordable housing. Therefore, it is required to renew the existing welfare system to better suit social demands of tenants according to its specific social group and the characteristics of housing complex. This study aims to propose methods that can strengthen welfare service and analyze the characteristics of welfare service by investigating the existing conditions of welfare system for the tenants in permanent affordable housing complex. For this purpose, this study presents with categories of service standards, by breaking down and codifying welfare service and propose applicable mixed-use service in pre-existing permanent affordable housing.
Permanent Affordable Housing;Welfare Service Characteristic;Type of Welfare Service;Housing Welfare;Mixed-use Service
- CABE (2009), Homes for our old age - Independent living by design, Housing Learning Improvement Network.
- Cho, Y. H. (2000), Overview of Japanese long-term care insurance system, Web Health Research, Health Science Study Center.
- Ha, S. K and E. J. Choi (2011), "A comparative housing policy and policy transfer between countries with respect to low-income housing in Korea", LHI Journal, 2(3): 205-215.
- HAPPI (2009), HAPPI Final Report : Housing our Ageing Population : Panel for Innovation.
- Hong, I. O. (2008), An installation plan of the symbiosis type welfare facility in the national rental housing, Ministry of Land, Transportation and Maritime Affairs.
- Hong, I. O. (2009), "A study on the establishment of social welfare facilities improvement plan", Korea Land and Housing Corporation.
- Hong, H. O. (2008), "A study on development of the objective indicators of housing welfare - focusing on the housing welfare indicators-", Journal of Korea Housing Association.
- Housing and Project Development Board (2005), Project LIFE a leaflet.
- Jang, S. H. (1999), "Democracy and housing welfare in the third world developing countries", Urban Studies, Korea Center for City and Environmental Research.
- Ji, E. Y. (2008), "A study on development of the objective indicators of housing welfare ii -focusing on customer's aspects of housing welfare indicators and indices-", Journal of Korea Housing Association.
- Kathy Arthurson (2007), "Social mix and social interaction: do residents living in different housing tenures mix?", ENHR International Conference.
- Kim, Y. T. (2006), Theoretical Overview of Housing Welfare and Future Policy Issues.
- Korea Housing Management.Korea Center for City and Environmental Research (2008), "A study on the social value assessment of housing welfare service in the public affordable housing complex", Korea Housing Management.
- Korea Housing Institute (2009), A study on the support methods of improvement for the long-term public affordable housing tenants quality of life.
- Korean Housing Corporation (2002), Housing Welfare White Paper - Focused on Hierarchy Status Evaluation of Housing Policy.
- Lee, H. J. (2006), "Analysis on Singapore's elderly housing welfare policy and senior housing characteristics", Journal of the Architectural Institute of Korea.
- Lee, J. E. and Y. H. Yoon (2011), "Influences of the residential environment on the apartment remodleing: involving the expansion of households and dwelling area", LHI Journal, 2(3): 259-268.
- Lim, Y. M. (2010), A Methods of Housing Welfare Services Improvement in low-income seniors housing / Focusing on lowincome elderly housing.
- Ministry of Construction and Transportation (2006), A study on the Long-Term Planning for Support of Elderly Housing.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare (2011), Guide of Social Community Center Operation Task Tips, 2010.
- Ministry of Land, Transportation and Maritime Affairs (2008), Rental Housing Task Handbook Manual.
- Ministry of Land, Transportation and Maritime Affairs (2010), Bogeumjari Housing Task Handbook 2010.
- Park, K. S. (2011), "An exploratory study on the influence of the factor of residents' participation and conflict on housing satisfaction in a social-mix housing complex", LHI Journal 2(3): 239-247.
- Yoon, E. J. and Y. H. Yoon (2011), "A study on the introduction of urban agriculture to permanently rental apartment complexes", LHI Journal, 2(2): 93-99.
- Yoon, Y. H. (2008), "The direction of permanent affordable housing complex improvement for Spreading of Housing welfare", city information.