- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Recycling of Polyurethane Scraps
폴리우레탄 스크랩의 재활용
- Kim, Han-Na (Department of Chemical Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Lee, Dai-Soo (Department of Chemical Engineering, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2012.05.09
- Accepted : 2012.05.21
- Published : 2012.06.30
Depending on the states of polyurethane scraps generated in the production sites of polyurethane or recycling center of polyurethane scraps, appropriate recycling technologies can be employed for the recycling of resources. In this study, recycling technologies for the polyurethane scraps were classified into physical recycling, chemical recycling, and energy recycling and reports in the literatures were discussed.
Supported by : 환경부
- E. Weigand E and W. Rabhofer, Present state of polyurethane recycling in Europe, Recycling of Polyurethanes, ed. by K. C. Frisch K C and D., Klempner, G. Prentice, pp. 1-32, Technomic, Lancastor (1999).
- P. Berthevas, F. Aguirre, and J. Tu, Recent developments in the recycling of flexible PU foams back into new PU foam products, Proc. of Polyurethanes Expo 2001, Columbus, pp. 17-32 (2001).
- G. M. Gerbreselassie, H. G. Wolf, V. Sendijarevic, Q. Anjum, S. Klempner, and K. C. Frisch, Utilization of polyurethane foam scrap as a sole binder for recycling of automotive interior trim products, Proc. of Polyurethanes Expo 1999, Orlando, pp. 367-372 (1999).
- F. Hayashi, M. Omoto, M. Ozeki, and Y. Imai, General purpose adhesives prepared from chemically recycled waste rigid polyurethane foams, Recycling of Polyurethanes, ed. by K. C. Frisch, D. Klempner, and G. Prentice, pp. 223-240, Technomic, Lancastor (1999).
- D. A. Hicks, M. Krommenhoek, D. J. Soderberg, and J. P. G. Hopper Polyurethanes recycling and waste management, Cell. Polym, 13, 259 (1994).
- B. C. Kim, S. W. Hyun, and D. S. Lee, Curing behavior of epoxy resins using aminolysis products of waste polyurethane as hardners, J. Ind. Eng. Chem., 7, 449 (2001).
- W. J. Farrissey, Thermosets, Plastics Recycling, ed. by Ehrig R J, pp. 231-262, Hanser, Munich (1992).
- W. Kaminsky, Pyrolysis of polymers, Emerging Technologies in Plastics Recycling, pp. 60-72, ed. by G. A. Andrews and P. M. Subramanian., ACS Symposium Series 513, ACS, Washington D.C (1992).