- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Recycling Technology of Crosslinked-Polymers Using Supercritical Fluid
초임계 유체를 이용한 가교고분자 재활용기술
- Koo, Chong-Min (Center for Materials Architecting, Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Yu, Si-Won (Center for Materials Architecting, Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Baek, Bum-Ki (Center for Materials Architecting, Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Cho, Hang-Kyu (Center for Materials Architecting, Korea Institute of Science and Technology) ;
- Lee, Youn-Woo (School of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Institute of Chemical Processes, Seoul National University) ;
- Hong, Soon-Man (Center for Materials Architecting, Korea Institute of Science and Technology)
- 구종민 (한국과학기술연구원 물질구조제어연구단) ;
- 유시원 (한국과학기술연구원 물질구조제어연구단) ;
- 백범기 (한국과학기술연구원 물질구조제어연구단) ;
- 조항규 (한국과학기술연구원 물질구조제어연구단) ;
- 이윤우 (서울대학교 공과대학 화학생물공학부) ;
- 홍순만 (한국과학기술연구원 물질구조제어연구단)
- Received : 2012.05.09
- Accepted : 2012.05.22
- Published : 2012.06.30
Industrial wastes of crosslinked polymers have been burned or disposed of in landfills because there is no recycling technology due to their insoluble and infusible network chain structure. However, recycling of cross-linked polymers has been taken a growing attention because of issues of environmental pollution and of resources conservation. In this paper, uprising recycling technologies of crosslinked polymers using supercritical fluid are reviewed.
Supported by : 환경부
- "Act on the Promotion of Saving and Recycling of Resources", Korea Environmental Law, Act No. 8611 (2007).
- S. M. Hong, H. K. Cho, C. M. Koo, J. H. Lee, W. Y. Park, H. S. Lee, and Y. W. Lee, "Decrosslinking of Crosslinked Polyethylene Using Supercritical Methanol", Korean Chem. Eng. Res., 46, 63 (2008).
- S. M. Hong and Y. W. Lee, "Development of Recycling Technology for Thermosetting Plastic Waste using Supercritical Fluid", A Research Paper for Resource Recycling R&D Program (2010).
- P. G. Debenedetti, J. W. Tom, X. Kwauk, and S. D. Yeo, "Rapid Expansion of Supercritical Solutions (RESS) : Fundamentals and Applications", Fluid Phase Equilib., 82, 311 (1993). https://doi.org/10.1016/0378-3812(93)87155-T
- S. Hayashi, K. Nomaguchi, T. Okusawa, O. Yokomizo, Y. Ishigaki, and H. Ishimaru. "Feasibility investigation on a dual waste-plastics recycling system concept", J. Mater Cycles Waste Manag, 2, 57 (2000).
- H. Tagaya, Y. Shibasaki, C. Kato, J. I. Kadokawa, and B. Hatano, "Decomposition reactions of epoxy resin and polyetheretherketone resin in sub- and supercritical water", J. Mater Cycles Waste Manag, 6, 1 (2004). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-003-0098-2
- T. Goto and T. Yamazaki, "Recycling of Silane Cross-linked Polyethylene for Insulation of Cables using Supercritical Alcohol", Hitachi Cable Review, 23 (2004).
- C. Bozoglu, T. Karayildirim, and J. Yanik, "Utilization of Products Obtained from Copyrolysis of Oil Shale and Plastic", Oil Shale, 26, 475 (2009). https://doi.org/10.3176/oil.2009.4.04
- Y. K. Park, N. H. James, C. W. Curtis, and C. B. Roberts, "Depolymerization of Styrene-Butadiene Copolymer in Near- Critical and Supercritical Water", Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 40, 756 (2001) https://doi.org/10.1021/ie000502l
- S. M. Hong, K. S. Kang, H. J. Han, and B. G. Cho, "Trend on the Recycling Technologies for the Used Thermosetting Resin by the Patent Analysis", A Technical Report collaborated with KIST and Siontech Co., Ltd., Unpublished (2008).
- Phosentech, "Definition and Application of Supercritical Fluid", Web Site, http://www.phosentech.com/technical/technical_01.htm, Open Resource.
- E. L. V. Goetheer, M. A. G. Vorstman, and J. T. F. Keurentjes, "Opportunities for Process Intensification Using Reverse Micelles in Liquid and Supercritical Carbon Dioxide", Chem. Eng. Sci. 54, 1589 (1999). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0009-2509(99)00043-3
- P. G. Jessop and W. Leitner, "Chemical Synthesis Using Supercritical Fluid", Wiley-VCH, Weinheim, Germany (1993).
- H. Inomata and K. Arai, "Current status and Future prospects of Supercritical Fluid Technology", Kr. Chem. Tech., 3, 28 (2000).
- M. Goto, M. Sasaki, and T. Hirose, "Reactions of polymers in supercritical fluids for chemical recycling of waste plastics", J. Mater Sci., 41, 1509 (2006) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10853-006-4615-2
- A. Kamimura, "Effective Depolymerization Waste FRPs by Treatment with DMAP and Supercritical Alcohol", Chemistry Letters, 35, 6 (2006)
- A. Kamimura, "Formation of recycled plastics from depolymerized monomers derived from waste fi ber-reinforced plastics", J. Mater Cycles Waste Manag, 11, 38 (2009) https://doi.org/10.1007/s10163-008-0217-1
- J. Ozaki, S. K. I. Djaja, and A. Oya, "Chemical Recycling of Phenol Resin by Supercritical Methanol", Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 39, 245 (2000). https://doi.org/10.1021/ie9904192
- Z. Tartakowski, "Recycling of packaging multilayer films: New materials for technical products", Resources, Conservation and Recycling, 55, 167 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resconrec.2010.09.004
- V. Rajesh, "Supercritical extraction with carbon dioxide and ethylene of poly(vinyl butyral) and dioctyl phthalate from multilayer ceramic capacitors", J. Supercritical Fluids, 23, 153 (2002). https://doi.org/10.1016/S0896-8446(02)00023-2
- M. Goto, "Supercritical Water Process for the Chemical Recycling of Waste Plastics", AIP Conf. Proc., 169, 1251 (2010).
- H. K. Cho, S. M. Hong, K. Y. Baek, H. S. Lee, Y. W. Lee, and C. M. Koo, "Physical and Rheological Properties of Thermoplasticized Crosslinked-Polyethylene Foam in Supercritical Methanol", Macromol. Res., 17, 950 (2009). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03218641
- G. C. Hwang, K. H. Kim, S. Y. Bae, S. C. Yi, and H. Kumazawa, "Degradation of High Density Polyethylene, Polypropylene and Their Mixtures in Supercritical Acetone" Kr. J. Chem. Eng., 18, 396 (2001). https://doi.org/10.1007/BF02699185
- Y. J. Kwon, "Study on the Physical properties of Thermoplasticized Crosslinked Polyethylene Composites in Supercritical Methanol", Thesis for the degree of Master, Korea Univ., 8 (2011).
- Y. J. Kwon, W. Y. Park, S. M. Hong, and C. M. Koo, "Foaming of Recycled Crosslinked Polyethylenes via Supercritical Decrosslinking Reaction", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., In Print.
- H. K. Cho, S. M. Hong, and C. M. Koo, "Crystallization and the Mechanical and Rheological Properties of Decrosslinked- Crosslinked- High-Density Polyethylenes Using a Supercritical Fluid", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 120, 2090 (2011). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.33386
- M. B. King, "Extraction of Natural Products Using near-critical Solvents", Blackie Academic & Professional (1993).
- Y. J. Kwon, D. K. Kim, W. N. Kim, B. G. Cho, S. M. Hong, and C. M. Koo, "Optimum Compatibilization for the Nonflammability of Thermoplasticized Crosslinked Polyethylene/ Metal Hydroxides Composites with a Compatibilizer", J. Appl. Polym. Sci., 124, 2814 (2012). https://doi.org/10.1002/app.35317
- Y. J. Kwon, S. M. Hong, and C. M. Koo, "Viscoelastic Properties of Decrosslinked Irradiation-Crosslinked Polyethylenes in Supercritical Methanol", J. Polym. Sci., 48, 1265 (2010). https://doi.org/10.1002/polb.22019
- H. S. Lee, J. H. Jeong, H. K. Cho, C. M. Koo, S. M. Hong, H. Kim, and Y. W. Lee, "A Kinetic Study of the Decrosslinking of Crosslinked Polyethylene in Supercritical Methanol", Polym. Degrad. Stabil., 93, 2084 (2008). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.polymdegradstab.2008.09.006
- S. M. Hong and J. Economy, "Effect of annealing on the physical properties of biaxially oriented liquid crystalline copolyester films", Macromolecules, 28, 6481 (1995). https://doi.org/10.1021/ma00123a014
- J. R. Lee, D. G. Lee, S. M. Hong, and H. J. Kang, "Enhancement of Physical Properties in Partially Crosslinked Waste High Density Polyethylene", Polymer (Korea), 31, 25 (2007).