- Volume 47 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Investigation on Material Flow Diagram for PVC(poly vinyl Chloride) Profile Based Production, Generation, Recycling and Treatment
PVC재질 프로파일의 생산, 발생 및 재활용, 처리에 기반한 물질흐름도 검토
- Phae, Chae-Gun (School of Energy and biotech., Environment Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology) ;
- Jung, Oh-Jin (School of Energy and biotech., Environment Engineering, Seoul National University of Science and Technology)
- Received : 2012.05.11
- Accepted : 2012.05.23
- Published : 2012.06.30
The objective of this study was to estimate the practical recycling rate of plastic products, so that the study was conducted to build material flow diagram for PVC profile. For this objective, product generation, waste generation and recycling status were investigated. Using collected and analyzed status data, analysis of material flow by product and building material flow diagram were conducted. As result of estimating the recycling rate by product, The sum of domestic demand was 525,448 ton and waste generation was 105,853ton in PVC flooring and profile. The sum of generation of recycling product and raw material was investigated to be 76,004ton(14.46%), which is higher compared to recycling obligation(8.5%) in 2009. To build the material flow diagram in the years(5~20years) ahead, prediction of future demand was based on the assumption that there will be no difference in annual generation of current and future. As the recycling rate of flooring and profile increases, it is estimated to reach 20% in 2013 according to the material flow diagram.
Supported by : 서울과학기술대학교
- Korea Petrochemical Industry Association, Statistics for petrochemical Industry, 1992-2009.
- Statistics Korea, Statistics for various synthetic resins production and shipment, 2008.
- Ministry of Environment, Statistics for generation and treatment of waste, 1998-2008.
- Ministry of Environment, Manual for voluntary agreement of plastic waste recovery and recycling, 2009.
- Korea Plastic Recycling Association, Statistical research on the plastic of the production, use, disposal, treatment, 2006.
- Korea Plastic Technical Research Business Cooperative, A study on waste generation and disposal of architectural PE pipe, 2009.
- Korea Federation Plastic Industry Cooperative, Korea electric Wire Industry Cooperative, Korea Institute of procurement, A study on plastic waste treatment charge system, 2007.
- Korea Environment Corporation, A study on standard for Mixing Ratio of voluntary agreement item and process loss probability in plastic waste treatment charge system, 2008.
- Ministry of Knowledge Economy, A study on appropriate rate for plastic waste treatment charge, 2009.
- Koresan ministry of education, Science and Technology, Ministry of Environment, Application of life Cycle Assessment Techniques to Recycling of waste Plastics, 2003.